Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The pet insurance for my dog is due to re-new this month, I am currently with Pet Plan and it seem to jump up about £4 a month each year!

I went with them as the name is well know, and wanted the best cover, but am unsure if to carry on paying.

I got a quote with More Than which was much cheaper but appears to be the same cover, with a slightly lower excess of £70 rather than £90 for vet fees and treatments.

Does anyone use a company they would recommend or can give me an idea what to look out for?

At the end of the day he is my little baby so I dont mind paying the extra as long as I know its worth it!

Cheers

CB

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
We insure our cat for ?6.18p per month with Healthy-Pets! I know that's not a dog lol, but they've been great when we've claimed, not wriggling out of paying up, in fact helping out no end. Worth a look.

·
Registered
142 Posts
when it comes to insurance ufortunatly you only ever find out how good they are when you need to make a claim

one thing you need to do is make sure you get a life time policy that way if your dog gets a condition that it will need to be treated for the rest of its life they will pay out as long as you keep renewing your policy every year

i have a dog insured with AXA £18 and i also have another insured with https://www.pet-insurance.co.uk wich is about £14 a month ive made a claim with axa they paid out quick pet insurance i have never had to make a claim with fingers crossed they are ok

hope that helps dan..

hers a picture of our stanley [:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers lads, thats one fine Staffie mate, does he rip his t-shirt off and turn green ever?! lol

I am swaying towards More Than, and away from Pet Plan as the conversation with PP was the girl saying that do not price match despite being £150 a year more, and the reason they are the best is...wait for it...because we are...ok then [:^)] great retention skills, lol

Shall check out the other mentioned ones as well.

As far as I can gather, the excess for vet fees and medication is £70, which is due again the next year if medication is needed and on going?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.