Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, just wondering if anyone out there has any good knowledge on tyres. I have a mk4 golf 1.8t running around 210bhp. I have kept the standard 16inch turbo wheels on it for better handling(so am told). It currently has michelin primacy hp tyres on which are coming to the end of there of life. A found that these tyres disliked the wet a lot and at 3mm braking distance is shocking. Can anyone recommend a good set of tyres that can put the power down and still work in the wet? thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta on ly 130 tdi for about 6 months now. Pretty good grip in the wet and I struggle to wheelspin in the dry. They are an ultra high performance SUMMER tyre though so maybe not the best time to buy. [;)] saying that, I haven't been stuck in the snow yet, and I live in bonny Scotland [:D]

·
Registered
380 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1s are the best tyre I've had for dry + wet performance and will be buying them again for sure.

However they are completely unusable in current weather conditions unless you have a car full of people to push when stuck on snow and taken brave pills for when moving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts