Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Golfers,

VW Golf 1.4 S 5dr MK4 2002 here.

So I wanted to ask you all what are the best door speakers and tweeters to get for the MK4? I would like the speakers to go down as low as possible like 40 or 50 hz. If its 60 hz so be it. I was looking at the Focal rse 165? Budget is not massive.

I don't wanna get a sub etc as I wanna keep clear of opening up the Golf like that. So just some great sound in the car all round that's it.

At the rear theirs 2 speakers left and right and 2 tweeters left and right but their's no speakers in them? I was told that on the VW Golf 1.4 S 5dr 2002 model it's like that? So I would like to put speakers at the rear and tweeters, does it already have the wiring loom there or would I have to get the wiring loom for the rear speakers / tweeters, because the speaker / tweeter grills are already there?

Also will my gamma stereo be able to drive all speakers and tweeters? I'll be putting in the cd player that goes on top of the gamma so does it already have the loom for the cd player there or would I have to source that?

I don't want a brand new head unit as I love the old skool gamma stereo and cd player, just wanna change speakers / tweeters front and rear.

Please kindly let me know your thoughts and what speakers will give me a tight solid sound and low end without having to install a sub. Just wanna keep everything as stock as possible.

Thanks fellow Golfers

Nothing like 198mk4

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you send me the model numbers of speakers tweeters and head unit please 馃槃

I fitted JBL stage two speakers in the doors, 16.5cm with separate tweeters and passive crossovers, Fantastic sound with nice Sony head unit. didn't break the bank either :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will these speakers and tweeters fit my vw golf mk4 2002 front and rear?

My rear speakers and tweeters actually have no speakers in them or tweeters. I believe vw just put them there in case someone wanted to get them done then they can. Do you know if theirs loom already at the rear speakers and tweeters and did you just fit the jbls straight in without any pods etc?

Thanks 馃榿

I fitted JBL stage two speakers in the doors, 16.5cm with separate tweeters and passive crossovers, Fantastic sound with nice Sony head unit. didn't break the bank either :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.