Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wher is the best place to get a remap?

Ive got a mk4 Golf GTTDI PD115 have been looking at remaps.

Was looking at Jabbasport as they seemed to know what their on about, havent seen any bad reports about them either. They claim to be able to get the BHP up to 140-145 which i thought was good until i seen a post off someone saying they had their 115 remapped at celtic tuning and that it was putting out 170bhp just with the remap! I found this hard to believe looking at what other companies had to offer so took a look on the celtic tuning website (http://celtictuning.co.uk/Benefits.aspx?gclid=COCXuIar_KYCFcgf4Qod6jiOGA) and there it was 170bhp in black and white!

Was wondering if anyone had used either of them or if anyone knew of the best company to go to. I realise that where 170 may be feasable it may drastically increase wear on the components after a while by pushing it that much from an engine thats not designed to whereas with most remaps like the jabbasport remap you are just unlocking the full potential of the ECU which is limited by VW on production.

Sorry if the wording is a bit dodgy had a couple of cans lol.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
R tech

End of dicussion. LOL
couldnt have put it better lol

im hoping to get my car booked in with R-tech next month or maybe the month after for my stage 2 map

trust me you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I think Custom code maps are good,

Why does every one say R tech?

Either way its your choice but dont just save costs & get a "Cheap" map

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
never heard anything bad about Rtech and they seem to know what there doing, not to take anything away from the other tuners though, im sure they decent aswell

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Wayne @ chip wizzard rochdale, custom maps and master of the 1.9 tdi remap.

Hes so good he doesnt even need to advertise.

You will be able to find his contact online somewhere, even some mention of him in the forums.

Highlly reccomended ..... and then some.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think Custom code maps are good,

Why does every one say R tech?

Either way its your choice but dont just save costs & get a "Cheap" map
Definitely not looking for the cheapest map, looking for the best hence the post.

So what kind of figures are we looking at from R-Tech?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jabba or raywest in my view.. It's not all about chasing bhp figures it's about making the most of your engine so that you don't just have peak power for 5 mins and then the car pulls the power back because it's to hot !!! Just some thing to keep in mind ..

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
R-Tech - qualitity mapping and excellent customer support. Ive been through enough cars and mapping to know who I will always use in the future. Fed up of other crap maps being flahed onto my ECU and not working correctly. Go to RTech. As they say, do it once, do it right.

Dan

·
Registered
544 Posts
Why are you looking at bhp? It's a derv so look at the torque figure, thats where you want to see a significant increase.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts