Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Fritzel Basement Development LTD
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads,

Im about to order a Miltek Cat back for my Anni, best ive found is £344 on Ebay.

Any-one know of any deals at the moment?

Ive also for a D/P and sports cat ready to go on @ the same time [:)]

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
speak to R-Tech mate, i bought the Sprts cat from them and they fitted that and the sportscat/downpipe all as a part of the price of the cat back. not sure how much, but saved loads on the fitting.

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Balance Motorsport gave me a decent discount after a chat on the phone....think Venom Motorsport had the cheapest online price at the time but Balance beat it for me....might be worth a phonecall[y]

·
Registered
692 Posts
I dont know why everyone raves about Milteks so much..granted theyre good quality but theyre hardly the best money can buy.

I've just had a custom one built with front pipe, fitted for £325 from Prospeed in Cardiff. They have an amazing rep and its not cost me £400+ once fitted. Plus should i get any problems i get in the future it goes straight back and sorted free rather than trying to contact Miltek etc..

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I dont know why everyone raves about Milteks so much..granted theyre good quality but theyre hardly the best money can buy.

I've just had a custom one built with front pipe, fitted for £325 from Prospeed in Cardiff. They have an amazing rep and its not cost me £400+ once fitted. Plus should i get any problems i get in the future it goes straight back and sorted free rather than trying to contact Miltek etc..
Thats a very good price, i asked a local place and they wanted £340 + depedening on the exhaust tip i wanted, will send them an emil and see what they say

thanks craig

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want miltek as i know i like the sound and look of the tailpipe, granted i could go custom for 299 but personally for the extra 40 quid id rather go with the miltek [:)]

·
Registered
692 Posts
Posted Image

This is mine. 4mo style and made to sound exactly how i want which is awesome btw..;)

£340 for a Miltek, then delivery, then you have to get it fitted or fit it yourself. I bet you'll have to buy new hangers. Then get it to sit right.

Dont beleive the hype.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Its just a stainless steel pipe with a name on ! Take the name off and save a lot of money.

SS pipes for exhausts are much of a muchness, save the money for something else

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got me thinking now...

I had a Miltek on my last vehicle never had any problems with that?

I have a supersprint d/p and sports cat also so want it all fitted @ once really.

May look into the Custom route?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I really would. Milteks are good bits of kit dont get me wrong but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. Its just the "Scene" exhaust to have.

£340 is a bare exhaust price too you have to remember.

Like i say, i good custom exhaust supplier will make and fit an exhaust to your exact requirements. In one sitting too!

Whats better generic or custom? lol

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Fitting is pretty cheap...most garages would want circa £30 to fit it (1/2 hour labour).

When I was looking, a custom job was basically the same price as Milltek.

You do have the flexibility with a Milltek with regards to being able to change the mid-pipe (resonated vs non-res) if required due to excessive 'booming'...which may be worth considering with a little one on the way. With a custom, your stuck with the noise.

Also, if you do put your car back to standard (for selling, etc.) the Milltek will sell for a decent amount...the Custom job probably wont.

Custom is good in that you could ensure that there are no 'banging' or knocking issues and you can personalise it a bit which is cool.

Each have their advantanges and disadvantages

1 - 20 of 35 Posts