Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what is the best with regard to quality and value etc.?  Did I read somewhere that iTunes only allows so many burns to CD or was I dreaming?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just wondered
what is the best with regard to quality and value etc.? Did I
read somewhere that iTunes only allows so many burns to CD or was I
dreaming?
I think the audio can be authorised to play on 5 different computers.
E.g if you copy a track to another computer then you can do that up to
5 times. I don't think there is a limit to the number of times you can
burn it to CD though.

I use iTunes at the moment. Seems pretty reasonable to me price wise and the sound quality of the tracks is good.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
www.allofmp3.com

Absolutely excellent site (click english!) Very cheap, extremely good to use, never had a problem with it and your allowed to download as much as you like and you can choose any format you want and the quality you want it in.

They charge by the MB, so obviously some formats are more expensive than others and the higher the quality the ore expensive, but it blows itunes out of the water in terms or pricing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I opened an iTunes account last night and DL'ed a few tracks but I'll certainly check that one out Graham, sounds interesting.  Cheers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'd not come across that other site
either. Looks excellent - a lot cheaper than iTunes as well for same
quality recordings. Good find[Y]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've used ITunes for quite a while now, but there is a trick to undoing
the copyright. I-tunes is automatically set up to download in
.AAC format, but if you burn this onto a disc as an audio cd you can
then insert it back into your computer and import it back into itunes
as .mp3 files and delete the old .AAC files. Hey presto you can
burn and move about the cd as much as you want, as long as in
preferences you have it set to import as .mp3 (much easier to work with
than .AAC which is only for I-Tunes and IPOD)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I downloaded an album through Itunes for my brother the other
week........ it only came down at a quality 128kbs....... the quality
was crap!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hmmm - but AAC (MPEG4) format
offers much better quality than MP3. The other site mentioned allows
you download tunes in AAC format at up to 320kbps so looks like it is
used elsewhere...

·
Registered
643 Posts
I downloaded an album through Itunes for my brother the other
week........ it only came down at a quality 128kbs....... the quality
was crap!
Check the other site mentioned
above - provided you're happy to have an account balance on the site
for your downloads, you can download the album in pretty much whatever
format you like - including the original wav files. Plus the prices
look a hell of a lot cheaper than iTunes. As EJO mentions though it's
priced on a per meg download. So for example to download Coldplay's
latest in wav format will cost you about $11.60, whereas to download it
at 320kbps AAC format will cost you $2.58.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Guys, I be weary of this site (I've been tempted myself) but its the one thats in a battle with the big boys at the moment due to its legality. It's owner uses some hole in the law (in Russia or wherever it is hosted) to sell the tracks but the record companies are onto it and trying to put a stop to it. Still use it whilst you can.

I've been toying around with the idea of Napster To Go which for ?14.99 a month you can have as much music as you like on a Windows Media 10 enabled WMA player, though the only catch is you always have to stay subscribed and the music is never yours to keep outright or burn onto a CD.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I've been using allofmp3.com for a while now. There is a loophole, and while it's still open, I'm going to use it! It probably will shut down, which is why I have downloaded about 15gb of stuff from them!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Same here!!

Im getting just about anything and everything that takes my fancy and all for the price of one commercial CD album.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Much better value too. The most I think an album should cost is $5. Why should we make the record companies and artists rich?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Snap been using allofmp3.com for several months now and no complaints. Do you guys just use the website or explorer. I'm on explorer and it's incredibly simple, downloaded all the Oasis albums the other day for under ?5.

Worst thing is that the site was half the price it is now about 6 months ago, still at around 60p an album you can't complain.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I don't use the explorer now, I never have liked downloading extra software because you never know what your downloading with it! I expect though that it is a lot easier than the manual downloading? I've just come to a mental block of tunes to download now!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had the same reservations but brother had been running it for a while with no problems and therefore felt happy with it.

Even downloaded 'Good Morning Vietnam', 'The Jungle Book' and 'Top Gun' the other week, had some great cheesy tunes on holiday. Still can't stop singing 'the bear necessity'.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts