Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like Gti Fly, i am about to get a plasma - im getting the 26" samsung LE26R41BDX for my room
we got it demo'd at work along with the 32" and i must say i am in love!!

dixons group, inc PC world are doing it for 799 but as always i have seen it cheaper (even with staff discount) online for 589 odd
is this the cheapest i am going to get it? that price is based on pricerunner / kelkoo.
also need a wallmount kit.

can anyone shed some feedback?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Have a look at www.avforums.com - there's plenty of threads
on this lcd screen over there. There are some issues with it so I'd
suggest a good read first.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
lol, reminds me of all the threads on AV Forums! :D

The cheapest online is www.waratah.co.uk @ ?611 inc p&p but were out of stock last week as is everyone else! The Dixons group one is a better screen as its actually the LE26R51BDX with a faster response time apparantly! They do it online for ?750 but there site is down atm but if u use discount code pricerunner50off u will get it for ?700!

I was gonna order it but the problems put me off! went for a panasonic tx26lxd52 in the end! get in shortly! cost ?740inc discount [H]

The TV is prone to a 'tearing' effect though and needs a firmware upgrade! not all coming with it done apparantly!

Just read all the hundreds of posts about it in th LCD forum on avforums.com! great place!

HTH

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!
AVforums is down at the mo - will check it out later
can someone else suggest a decent 26" HD ready for around ?600?

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just found the non integrated freeview model for ?499
does anyone know if the hardware spec is identical to the freeview one?
no joy on avforums in regards to this Q

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
whoops

as for that link, thats the A41 which is an old model by the looks of thinks! It may have a high res screen but i dont think HD ready! it looks like an old model cos isnt their latest style!! Its res is only 1280 x 768 and doesnt have progressive scan!!

Be careful

·
Registered
247 Posts
lol, reminds me of all the threads on AV Forums! :D

The cheapest online is www.waratah.co.uk @ ?611 inc p&p but were out of stock last week as is everyone else! The Dixons group one is a better screen as its actually the LE26R51BDX with a faster response time apparantly! They do it online for ?750 but there site is down atm but if u use discount code pricerunner50off u will get it for ?700!

I was gonna order it but the problems put me off! went for a panasonic tx26lxd52 in the end! get in shortly! cost ?740inc discount [H]

The TV is prone to a 'tearing' effect though and needs a firmware upgrade! not all coming with it done apparantly!

Just read all the hundreds of posts about it in th LCD forum on avforums.com! great place!

HTH
Sorry, are you saying that the R51 is an upgraded model to the R41? I only ask as I could swear I've seen the R51 for sale in Costco... hmmmmm.... (32" version by the way!)

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
taken from avforums

"Now then the different model numbers.. R41/R51 etc.... As far as I am aware the 41 and 51 model are internally exactly the same, there are no differences in response time. The difference is that the R51 is a model commissioned by the Dixons group and is only sold by them.... thats why most of us have the R41 (because we won't pay the extortionate prices that Dixons charge). In my experience on here quite a few people prefer styling of the R41 which has less black on the front of it."

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just popped into Costco today - and I can confirm that the LE32R51BD is for sale there at ?750 INC VAT!!!

I think I might just have to get one when the delivery gets in on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have the LE26R51BD and its a LCD not a plasma Its great, not had it too long mind.

We got out from currys online, we had a 50off voucher and got a *Free* grundig 5.1 home cinema DVD player, I think we ended up paying around 690 with the voucher off, but well worth the money, especially if you get the xbox connected up with the HD... which is what i plan on doing [:D]

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
after much research im all set to buy mine!

John Lewis boast a 5yr warranty on ALL tvs including LCD and they also price match ANYWHERE in the UK!!
cheapest is around 659 for the freeview (BD) model
if anyone wants to know which shop does it for this price let me know

·
Registered
894 Posts
after much research im all set to buy mine!

John Lewis boast a 5yr warranty on ALL tvs including LCD and they also price match ANYWHERE in the UK!!
cheapest is around 659 for the freeview (BD) model
if anyone wants to know which shop does it for this price let me know
The John Lewis 5 yr warranty is great, the price match is not so easy these days they only match shop prices and it's not an instant thing they take a bit of time to decide, there are plenty of threads on the AV forums that deal with this.

Heres the JL policy......

http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=18#payment

If you live in London your best bet is take a trip down tottenham ct road get the best price, nip round to JL in oxford st and get a price match with the 5 yr warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts