Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at some of the photos of your golfs especially the diamond black ones such as kenl look great.

What do you find is the best shampoo/wax we have today nxt shampoo/wax but brings a blue haze on the body.

Suggestions appreciated.

So far so good with the new golf it is best car I have had so far .

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
looking at some of the photos of your golfs especially the diamond black ones such as kenl look great.

What do you find is the best shampoo/wax we have today nxt shampoo/wax but brings a blue haze on the body.

Suggestions appreciated.

So far so good with the new golf it is best car I have had so far .
Thanks [:D]

For washing I find many shampoos are pretty good. Best to avoid ones that give too many soapy suds. Meguiars, Autoglym and Zymol all available at Halfords are good.

For waxing I have Klasse All-in-One cleaner sealant topped off monthly with P21S wax.

These are available from www.seriousperformance.co.uk and you get a 10% discount if you say you are a forum member.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Agree in most part with kenl, but a word of warning the Zymol (Auto
wash) sold in Halfords strip's wax off, unlike there Autobathe which is
non stripping.

I use Meguire NXT wash and wax, two seperate products and am very mpressed.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Agree in most part with kenl, but a word of warning the Zymol (Auto wash) sold in Halfords strip's wax off, unlike there Autobathe which is non stripping.
Looks good.. love the colour. Where are you in kent mate ? I've not found the zymol auto wash takes the wax off. I use that and wax with P21s.

Is that picture taken at dover white cliffs ?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Agree in most part
with kenl, but a word of warning the Zymol (Auto wash) sold in Halfords
strip's wax off, unlike there Autobathe which is non stripping.
Looks good.. love the colour. Where are you in kent mate
? I've not found the zymol auto wash takes the wax off. I
use that and wax with P21s.

Hi Mate

Thanks for compliment, I'm in Ashford and yes your close the Pic's were
at Samphire Hoe near Dover yesterday lunch time, while the weather was
good.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Kens car does look really shiney... When you coming down to the North East of England to do mine mate ?[:p]
Come of it!! Ken's glossy car is due to a trick of the light and the fact that it is a dark coloured car. My Silver car wouldn't look any different whether it was highly wax/washed or not.

[:D]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've just started using Meguires NXT on my diamond black golf, I don't see any blue haze after washing it and it leaves a decent finish.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that the with Megs NXT and NXT Tech wax the finish and shine does look good on black and bird droppings wipe off with ease!,however in a certain light you can see a blue-"shimmer" haze.

Apparantely this is due to the NXT being acrylic.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Agree in most part with kenl, but a word of warning the Zymol (Auto wash) sold in Halfords strip's wax off, unlike there Autobathe which is non stripping.
Looks good.. love the colour. Where are you in kent mate ? I've not found the zymol auto wash takes the wax off. I use that and wax with P21s.

Hi Mate
Thanks for compliment, I'm in Ashford and yes your close the Pic's were at Samphire Hoe near Dover yesterday lunch time, while the weather was good.
Cooool.. another kentish dub [Y] You shall have to come along to a meet sometime.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Does it [^o)], I've never had any trouble with it doing that..

Now the winters coming & plenty of crud on the road I'm using Zymol mixed 50/50 with J&J BS, but for summer time washing I use J&J Baby shampoo only [Y]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok I Have now ordered ps21 shampoo,Klasse AIO and PS21 wax for my diamond black,

Would you suggest washing with the PS21 first then on with the Klasse AIO or use another shampoo first say Megs Gold Class and only use the ps21 shampoo after having treated with the ps21 wax?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Does "best" mean anything?

When it comes to cleaning there is no such thing I am afraid.

Good combos that may work for you and give you different results sure,
but it all depends what you want out of it, how much effort you are
willing to put in and how much money your willing to spend..

Tell me Jace, am I getting grumpy in my old age?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Does "best" mean anything?

When it comes to cleaning there is no such thing I am afraid.

Good combos that may work for you and give you different results sure, but it all depends what you want out of it, how much effort you are willing to put in and how much money your willing to spend..

Tell me Jace, am I getting grumpy in my old age?
I think you summed it up really, its all about how much time, money & effort your wiling to put in to it, as with anything in life you only get good results with time & effort, & sometimes a bit of $$$.

Last night I had 2 dreams, one was about abit of bedroom fun [:p] & the other was about what I was going to detail the car with this saturday[:$]

Grumpy, you, nah

·
Registered
521 Posts
ok I Have now ordered ps21 shampoo,Klasse AIO and PS21 wax for my diamond black,

Would you suggest washing with the PS21 first then on with the Klasse AIO or use another shampoo first say Megs Gold Class and only use the ps21 shampoo after having treated with the ps21 wax
Just use them in the order that you have already listed. Why get another product when the P21S shampoo will do the job...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts