Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gets your vote so far?

Mine would be;

1st - Guillemots - Through the window pane - fantastic in every way, cant stop listening to it

2nd - Muse - Black Holes & Revelations - odd in places, but great

3rd - Razorlight - Razorlight - much much better than I thought it would be, no duff tracks at all

Disappointment of 2006? The new Killers album - a few moments of brilliance, but not a patch on Hot Fuss IMO

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Snow Patrol is a good 'un. Disappointed abt what you say about The Killers - asked for that for my b'day[:S]. Can't be doing with Razorlight either - all wishywashy IMO....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
have to say i was utterly dissapointed with razorlights album. the kooks album is good.  also really enjoyed dirty pretty things 1st release

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Also, I'm not adverse to a bit of pink ( although thats probably a different story.....[:p] )
everyone has a soft spot for something a bit 'girly' im quite fond of lily allen. not just for the music. don't ask why there's someting about her

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snow Patrol is a good 'un. Disappointed abt what you say about The Killers - asked for that for my b'day[:S]. Can't be doing with Razorlight either - all wishywashy IMO....
Most people seem to rate the Killers album but not the Razorlight one!!

So its probably just me...........

But buy the Guillemots album - everyone should own it IMO

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Basement Jaxx - Crazy Itch Radio is top quality, it has some really good tracks just make you want to drive faster and crank up the radio..

·
Registered
795 Posts
so far 2006 jas been poor for music IMO

I keep listening to Razorlight but I know i shouldn't like it. Atric Monkeys was ok for a few weeks. Morning Runner was one of the better ones. Hopefully the new Album Leaf album will set the ball in motion if HMV will deliver the thing.

Dean

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I'm struggling with new albums TBH. I have Razorlight, Killers and Zutons; none impress. The Razorlight one is like an eclectic pub covers band. For starters "In The Morning" is like "Today I've listened to Remain In Light (and Lazy) and am gonna sound like David Byrne....."

My favourite albums these days are mix albums and once a month I get a Fabric mix in the post by subscription. The Cut Copy one is superb; it satisfies the clubby DJ sound and the indie guitar thing. Brilliant. The Fabric Rub-n-Tug one is good as well. As for Tiefschwarz, well......."Nurse!!!"[:p]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts