Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Had the Golf for about 2 months now and been wanting to post some pics but managed to resist until I had a few mods done.

I brought a set of 18" TSW Kyalami's and the new Jamex coilovers, I'm well pleased with the results. Got the lads at work to fit it all and they set the suspension about mid way so I could let it settle then maybe wind it down a bit more.

Also got an R32 bumper but its getting sprayed at the mo so that mod will have to wait.

Anyway heres some progress pics as promised....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/csg2k/dda42c8b.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/csg2k/8f99e94c.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/csg2k/NewGolf018.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/csg2k/NewGolf016.jpg

Think that enough photos for now, let me know what you think.....

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Car is looking well good mate! You must be chuffed with the results! well done mate! Keep up the good work?

any more future plans to clean you bank account out?? [;)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Looks great mate, but, is that how the coilovers were delivered? [:S] Don't know about Jamex but on every other brand I've seen, on the front struts, the smaller helper spring goes at the bottom, and your rear springs are almost certainly upside-down... the tighter coils usually go at the top

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front stuts were already together in the box so the tech's at work just tightened them and put them on. With the rears the adjustment plate only fits sitting at the bottom of the suspension arm and the spring fits into the adjustment plate this way up as there is a flat edge on that end and not the other so wouldn't sit flush.

I've not had a coilover kit before so not sure whats right? I'll speak to the guys at work and see what they think.

Pain in the a*se if it has to be removed and fitted again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shiuming, thanks for pointing that out mate.

The kit didn't come with any fitting instuctions so the lads at work just fitted it as it came. I've just looked on the sight I got them from and theres a pic of the strut with the helper spring at the bottom like you said! So annoying, dont think the lads at work will be too happy when I tell them they have to do it again! Balls!

Not sure about the rears though, guess I'll just get them to try them the other way up while the cars in the workshop.

Glad I took thoses photos now or I wouldn't have had a clue, just be driving around with them fitted wrong!

Thanks again..

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
No worries [Y]

I know Camberley, very nice place. I'm Kingston way. We should organise a mini local meet soon, at the moment Asda car park in Sutton and somewhere in Croydon are the two hot favourites.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah a mini meet sounds good.

I'm going to try and get over to E38 on sunday, be good to see you guys at the uk-mkivs stand and put a face to the names.

Just going back to the suspension, do you think this would make it handle any differently or cause any damage?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
that looks mint mate nice choice in wheels and love the red i dont see many red gti's. how much is the coilover u got? and did you have to fit the anti roll bar to get it that low or is that a later mod?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice looking car bud, like others have said, wheels and suspension make all the difference, im on the Jamex too, ill try and have a look later too see how mines set up.

graygti, try midland vw for the coilovers, there in cannock and i cant fault them for the service and prices they gave me for the work theyve done.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that looks mint mate nice choice in wheels and love the red i dont see many red gti's. how much is the coilover u got? and did you have to fit the anti roll bar to get it that low or is that a later mod?
Cheers mate!

The choice of colour was partly down to the girlfriend as its both our car. Theres not too many of them about like you said so pretty please we went for this one. I've had my eye on the TSW's for a while, then I found them on ebay with Yoko tyres for £700 and I couldn't resist. Originally I was just going to get springs and shocks but after finding the Jamex coilovers the wallet had to come out again! Another great ebay find, they cost me £300 delivered!

I haven't changed the anti roll bar yet. I set the suspension so there was still a few inches to play with but I thinks it sitts pretty well as it is and I get no trouble with the drive shafts touching the ARB so think I'll save that expense for now..

Next up is an R32 front bumper with a cupra R splitter, a rear valence, side skirts then a few engine mods, but all in good time. The bank accounts just recovering from the last purchases[:S]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Lovely looking car mate, very clean and well modded so far.

These TSW wheels are proving to be a popular choice by all accounts!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts