Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the success of last weekend's session in Reading I've already had requests from a few more forum members for assistance with their cruise control installs.

Therefore I have proposed a second session in 2 weeks time on Sunday 26th September. The exact venue will be confirmed nearer the time depending on numbers, but it is likely to be in or near to Thatcham, Berks, and in the afternoon from approx 1pm. NB If the weather does not look good closer to the date we will look at alternative dates, as I will not do installations in pouring rain!

Please register your interest below in this thread, along with your exact vehicle model

Names so far:

scottc (LCR 1.8T)

asgh4r (TDI)

Mister E (spectator!)

zUgan (4mo)

hz2921 (1.8T)

mja (TDI)

sijack252(1.8T)

LOFLUX (TDI)

Matte (spectator and fellow cruise 'old hand')

MarkReading (spectator)

AnniGTI (1.8T)

JmZ (Cupra)

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have about 13 of the kits left if anyone wants one......52,00 delivered.

I believe they fit the Seats too, chris.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am interested in attending as steering wheel/airbag removal scares me a bit!

What would I need to bring?

Cheers,

Jon (Golf V6 4Motion).

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like Chris can't stop himself having such fun on a weekend now [;)]

I might see if I can pop along too to see how things are going [^]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by Chris on 12/09/2004 18:25:20

How much of a pain to fit, and how much is this for a LCR, Scott/Chris??

Chris, the basic LCR installation is the same as on the Golf 1.8T (as shown on my website), the main differences are purely the way that some of the trim comes apart (eg lower RH dashboard, windscreen scuttle panel etc). In fact I actually think that most of the install is actually easier than on the Golf, as there are fewer parts to the lower dash and it is easier to access the required connector on the bulkhead panel. The only extra operation required is to drill a new hole through the connection panel cover on the engine bay side for the new cruise ECU loom to pass through as this is not a modular item like on many earlier Golfs.

The new parts required are exactly the same as for a Golf 1.8T install - the TDI Golf cruise kit from Foxy (@ ?52) plus an extra ECU loom from me (@ ?17).

Chris

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by zUgan on 12/09/2004 19:50:13

I am interested in attending as steering wheel/airbag removal scares me a bit!

What would I need to bring?

Cheers,

Jon (Golf V6 4Motion).

Jon, for this session all that you will need to bring along is your car plus the TDI cruise kit from Foxy (new stalk + VW loom), although I have a couple of sets of parts available should they be required on the day.

By having the session close to my home I will be able to provide a set of the tools that will be required for the install, although it will undoubtedly be helpful if you can bring along some additional basic tools such as screwdrivers (inc torx bits) and a socket set for dismantling the trim. I would also suggest that everyone should buy some small cable ties for keeping the new cruise wiring securely in place around the steering column.

Chris

·
Registered
218 Posts
Chris,

I have got the Stalk and Loom from Foxy already, will bring some basic bits and pieces.

I take it the V6 is the same procedure as the TDI's?

Count me in, Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please count me in. I have ordered a cc kit from Foxy so hopefully it will arrive before then. Just bought a Bora 130 TDI last week and would appreciate help in fitting the cruise. Do we have a venue yet ? Closer to the Midlands would be great ;-)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I will have a run down , I know its a way from Sheff but I having Miltek fitted weekend before , so its an excuse to be trying it and see some more faces off here.

Anybody going who can turn my CC on too please ??

Already got stalk fitted thanks to Royster at Ragley Hall last weekend .

Simon

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry Chris ,, Mine is Golf 1.8T . I got your loom ,, just need everything connecting up [^]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mja, sijack252,

I look forward to seeing you next weekend. As for venue, it will definitely be in Thatcham, Berks so that I have every conceivable tool to hand! This includes VAG-COM to activate ECUs as required.

Chris

1 - 20 of 110 Posts