Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, got beige leather in my GT TDI 130, but no 3rd centre head rest in the rear. Looking to upgrade to make it a full GTI, but can not find the drivers side vertical part of the rear bench for love nor money.

I know the Beige LEather is not to everyones taste, but come on, how many Golf MK IV's have been sold, and not a single spares yard has a beige leather equiped car ??

I have tried all the internet options (Find a part type things) and no one has come up with the goods.

I can imagine the stealer price to be just silly, so that is not an option. Anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

Ade

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hiya,

Don't worry - you're not alone, I've also got VW's beige leather sports interior - though I have 3 rear headrests. Weird.

When looking round breakers yards - the beige leather usually only comes in either Indigo Blue, Bright Green or Metallic Black cars. Leather was standard from 2001-on in the V6 (though curiously not on the Bora V6 until 2003), and an optional extra on every other model - but, let's face it, most people if they were buying a leather interior would go for the black, so I'd be on the lookout for dark-coloured V6 wrecks...

Given the guys at Vagparts.com a try?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Quote: posted by golfv64mo on 18/01/2005 08:26:38

Hiya,

Don't worry - you're not alone, the beige leather usually only comes in either Indigo Blue,

Another beige leather Indigo blue man here. Sorry don't really know where you could get hold of the mentioned parts as they are extremely rare to find, good luck anyway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
ahem..ahem.......moonlight blue with beige leather.....much better (",) (but then I'm just biased)......wish I had Recaros too

·
Registered
796 Posts
mate the centre rear headrest is over-rated!! (don't know if its actually rated) but mine is sitting in the roped off cubby in the boot as it gets in the way of the rear view mirror. oh, I've got black leather so no you wouldn't want it! [:p]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by hornetrider on 18/01/2005 12:05:35

mate the centre rear headrest is over-rated!! (don't know if its actually rated) but mine is sitting in the roped off cubby in the boot as it gets in the way of the rear view mirror. oh, I've got black leather so no you wouldn't want it! [:p]

I could always get the leather dyed / bleached ( they all start out beige)[:D]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've got Beige Leather Recaros in my car love the colour[:D]...

Why don't you buy a third head rest in cloth then get it re-leathered they should be able to fit it as well into the car if you ask.[:p]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by dannyboy on 18/01/2005 18:17:09

I've got Beige Leather Recaros in my car love the colour[:D]...

Why don't you buy a third head rest in cloth then get it re-leathered they should be able to fit it as well into the car if you ask.[:p]

Hmmmm, interesting ,...does anyone know of such a re-covering place ??

Would it be tricky getting a good match to the exisitng leather ?

Oh, and you are right, the contrasting beige leather with the dark indigo pearl paint look the biz !

Even better now I have taken the bling factor out with the 35% all round tints ![8D]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by tinter on 18/01/2005 08:33:01

hhhmmmm caramac

**LOL**

I got it straight away, as the day he tintered my car all we could think of was ,...mmmmmmmmmm Caramac[:p] as each piece of trim was removed and replaced !

·
Registered
156 Posts
i'm hungry now

ade just find a good trim place near you they'll do it most places will carry genuine colour leather

the trim place in leicester can match most genuine leather perfectly and hack your existing seat for the head middle head rest

cant you lot get tabs to do you a caramac avitar?????

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by tinter on 18/01/2005 20:47:06

i'm hungry now

ade just find a good trim place near you they'll do it most places will carry genuine colour leather

the trim place in leicester can match most genuine leather perfectly and hack your existing seat for the head middle head rest

cant you lot get tabs to do you a caramac avitar?????

Christ, it must be a subliminal thought process coz I am starving now,......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by tinter on 18/01/2005 21:32:05

least its better than cornish pasty style baggy trims

LMFAO !!

Cornish Pasty,....never in my life have I ,.................

I bet you don't get many of those !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts