Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Beetle sport gearknob

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Foxy 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals,has anybody got this gearknob fitted to their car if so have you got a picture of it,and will it fit a 1.8T o.k if not is there any other that will suit the golf interior many thanks.

#4 ·
Don't see why not. But you have to use the plastic clip (hidden under the gaitor at the bottom) from your original knob. Remove the staples on both parts and fit original housing on the beetle gaitor. I used double sided tape worked a treat!

The alluminium surround is the original anni part 'cos the beetle is a bit different!

HTH

#5 ·
It will fit the 1.8T no probs mate, you will need to either swap the knob only on to your existing gaiter(as i've done) or tuck the beetle gaiter into the plastic surround ( looks like royster has done his that way)

Then just use a small hose clamp to replace the brass coloured locking ring and your done [^]

Posted Image

#8 ·
Got mine last year from a stand at GTI festival at Santa Pod for ?30, they were originally about ?11 from the stealers, but then the price shot up to ?56!! [:(]

Have you thought about the R line gearknobs from Vagparts, they are very similar to the Beetle one and will fit straight into your car without any messing with the gaiter, and come with the snazzy ali surround as seen in Royster's Anni

think they are around ?60 all in and come in 5/6 speed

#9 ·
Quote: posted by turbo tyke on 04/04/2004 21:47:37

Cheers guys,did you get it from the stealers and how much? p.s both interiors look spot on.

Cheers matey about ?50 with discount from the stealers!

Quote: posted by oxford on 04/04/2004 21:29:07

Royster, you must stop showing your knob in public.....

hehehe[:p] I like to show off it's girth! Feel it! go on feel it, both hands![:O]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.