Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Beddie's Bora - Eibach's and a few other mods now fitted...

5K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  RS GOLF 
#1 ·
I've been adding a few little mods over the last couple of months, fitted some Eibach 30mm lowered springs and Eibach dampers, OEM sat nav and a set of front aero wipers...

Took advantage of the nice weather this afternoon to give the Bora a wash with some Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo (honestly, it's good stuff!) and a good coat of NXT/P21S and got some piccies of her...

Really happy with the Eibach pro-kit, admittedly it doesnt give a huge drop in ride height, but does drop it enough imo to loose the standard 4X4 stance and improves the looks but more importantly the ride quality and handling is in a different league, well worth it imo [Y]

Comments good or bad always appreciated... [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics2.jpg

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
I can't think of anything bad to say, its spot on Steve.
Both your picture taking and location do your car the justice it deserves.

Very well done[Y]
Cheers Gary, the car is starting to turn out just how i've always wanted now, probably some light 50% tints like yours next, then planning some Anni sideskirts and colour code the valences to match and if i can find some OEM xenons then i would be set... (until the arb's, custom-code etc etc...) [:p][:D]

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments fellas... [:D]

Sadsack: The full Eibach Pro-Kit setup (springs & dampers) was bought from Demon Tweeks and cost me ?408, that included around 20% forum discount i managed to get via Dave Poole who works at Tweeks, not the cheapest kit around i admit, but it is great quality imo, they were fitted by Awesome which cost ?145 including geometry set up afterwards [Y]

Sonny: The 'Bora' plates as you have probably guessed are the same ones the dealers use in the showroom, i managed to get a friend who is a parts manager at a local dealer to 'obtain' some for me, saves a load of time in photshop editing out your reg no. and look cool imo.. [:p]

Curley: Hehe, Emma had starting cleaning the kitchen so i thought it would be rude not to tell her to carry on and do the car, had some serious words with her though about not cleaning under the wheel arches lol! [;)]

Discussion starter · #13 ·
When ever I see this car it is immaculate!! Never dirty!! Do you actually drive it?

Hehe, i don't get to drive it half as much as i would like mate, i have to fight the wife for the keys as she uses it for work 5 days a week, 50 miles a day and parked in Tesco's for 8 hours, it breaks my heart... [:D]

Sat Nav looks good and the interior is as clean as the outside!! Might be worth having a go at fitting the Anni Dead Pedal though?

Yeah, i'm really happy with the Nav and i'm leaning towards the full 'R' line pedal/deadpedal set up at the moment, criminally expensive though! [:O]
Rye: Cheers mate, see you survived Tenerife then! [:D]

Sem: Thanks mate, i am much happier with the new wheels, they just seem to suit the 'look' i am after much more than the BBS rims ever did and are more 'OEM+' if you get my drift.... [:D]

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Here's a random pic of my colour coded (to my seats at least.. [;)]) engine cover...

Full credit and thanks must go to Gary Cundliffe for his steady spraying hand....!! [:D]

Posted Image

Discussion starter · #28 ·
ebay in germany and the buyer takes paypal sitting at 171euro 2 days to go

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-BORA-Xenon-Scheinwerfer-NEU-OVP_W0QQitemZ7997328679
Cheers Craig, nice find!! [:D]

Really really want some xenons for mine now but i'm still unsure as to whether the ones from Germany/US in LHD beam pattern will be ok in the UK?

I've heard there is a switch inside the lamps which allows a change from LHD to RHD beam pattern, but that it may not give the 'proper' RHD pattern? i suppose the best way is to obtain the UK spec lamp part number and compare to ones being sold on ebay.de

Any chance of getting the part no. for your RHD xenons please Craig...? [:p][:D]

Cheers again mate

Steve

Discussion starter · #29 ·
must steal the kids shampoo if that is the results you get you should push your mate in parts at see if you can get a showroom picture with the plates on [:p]

very nice and very OEM+

are you going to E38 with the car???
Thanks for the kind comments mate... [:D]

Still not 100% sure about going to E38 yet mate, got quite a bit on this weekend, but hopefully i should make it! [:D]

Have you got your car on the stand then ?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
If you were runner up then, who won?

Your car is immaculate? Who beat you?
I came runner up to a guy with a Silver Anniversary (T25 ANV) lost by around 9 points IIRC, his car was absolutely as new, 2002 reg with only 6000 miles on the clock...! [:O]

He also won his class at Inters this year, so i didnt feel too bad about coming second to his car tbh as it was unbeleivably clean...!! [:D]

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Great find on the headlamps CraigV!!

You can't switch the headlamps from RHD to LHD it doesn't work like that!!

There is such a thing called a tourist lever that most new vehicles, fitted with either Xenon Modules or Halogen DE Modules, come with and this moves a shutter behind the moduel that cuts off some of the light. This tourist lever stops the 'stepped / angled' light for RHD and LHD dependin on which module is fitted. This is to stop glare when the car is driven abroad.

This tourist lever by now means changes a LHD beam pattern into a RHD beam pattern.

Hope that makes it clearer?
Cheers for that mate, i suppose if anyone knows about all things lighting it should be you...lol! [:D]

Oh well, back to the impossible search for oem RHD Bora xenons, i'll probably find Lord Lucan first.... [:'(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.