Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been adding a few little mods over the last couple of months, fitted some Eibach 30mm lowered springs and Eibach dampers, OEM sat nav and a set of front aero wipers...

Took advantage of the nice weather this afternoon to give the Bora a wash with some Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo (honestly, it's good stuff!) and a good coat of NXT/P21S and got some piccies of her...

Really happy with the Eibach pro-kit, admittedly it doesnt give a huge drop in ride height, but does drop it enough imo to loose the standard 4X4 stance and improves the looks but more importantly the ride quality and handling is in a different league, well worth it imo [Y]

Comments good or bad always appreciated... [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/beddie/newpics2.jpg

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I can't think of anything bad to say, its spot on Steve.

Both your picture taking and location do your car the justice it deserves.

Very well done[Y]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't think of anything bad to say, its spot on Steve.
Both your picture taking and location do your car the justice it deserves.

Very well done[Y]
Cheers Gary, the car is starting to turn out just how i've always wanted now, probably some light 50% tints like yours next, then planning some Anni sideskirts and colour code the valences to match and if i can find some OEM xenons then i would be set... (until the arb's, custom-code etc etc...) [:p][:D]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mate thats nice ye done a good job there,got to be one of the nicest boras av seen..If ye dont mind me askin how much where the springs etc..And did you fit them yourself !..

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
One nice bora mate, looks like its looked after well. Also nice ride height and not too low just nice for everyday use,

on a sidenote where did you get them BORA plates from as it looks like your cars come off a vw dealers site.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Looks brilliant Steve, Emma must of been cleaning that all day to get it looking so good[:D]

Great car, great pics.. Well done mate..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments fellas... [:D]

Sadsack: The full Eibach Pro-Kit setup (springs & dampers) was bought from Demon Tweeks and cost me ?408, that included around 20% forum discount i managed to get via Dave Poole who works at Tweeks, not the cheapest kit around i admit, but it is great quality imo, they were fitted by Awesome which cost ?145 including geometry set up afterwards [Y]

Sonny: The 'Bora' plates as you have probably guessed are the same ones the dealers use in the showroom, i managed to get a friend who is a parts manager at a local dealer to 'obtain' some for me, saves a load of time in photshop editing out your reg no. and look cool imo.. [:p]

Curley: Hehe, Emma had starting cleaning the kitchen so i thought it would be rude not to tell her to carry on and do the car, had some serious words with her though about not cleaning under the wheel arches lol! [;)]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That looks fantastic Steve....love it!

The rims suit your car a lot better than your old BBS ones too [:)]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
When ever I see this car it is immaculate!! Never dirty!! Do you actually drive it?

As for the comments on ride height, I have the same kit mate and while I agree that it doesn't lower it alot I can tell you now that mine sits a lot lower than it did when it was new, she has dropped probably a lot more than 5mm over the 3 years since the kit has been on.

Sat Nav looks good and the interior is as clean as the outside!! Might be worth having a go at fitting the Anni Dead Pedal though?

Your motor is a perfect 'OEM+' example mate.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When ever I see this car it is immaculate!! Never dirty!! Do you actually drive it?

Hehe, i don't get to drive it half as much as i would like mate, i have to fight the wife for the keys as she uses it for work 5 days a week, 50 miles a day and parked in Tesco's for 8 hours, it breaks my heart... [:D]

Sat Nav looks good and the interior is as clean as the outside!! Might be worth having a go at fitting the Anni Dead Pedal though?

Yeah, i'm really happy with the Nav and i'm leaning towards the full 'R' line pedal/deadpedal set up at the moment, criminally expensive though! [:O]
Rye: Cheers mate, see you survived Tenerife then! [:D]

Sem: Thanks mate, i am much happier with the new wheels, they just seem to suit the 'look' i am after much more than the BBS rims ever did and are more 'OEM+' if you get my drift.... [:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have impeccable taste!!!
Cheers! [:D] I'd have to say the same about you mate, seeing as our cars are almost identical lol..!

Would be quite cool imo to get a little photoshoot sometime of both the Bora's together... [Y]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Cant say anything except, it looks really well mate, a very clean and tidy example you got there! Good job mate! [Y]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been adding a few little mods over the last couple of months, fitted some Eibach 30mm lowered springs and Eibach dampers, OEM sat nav and a set of front aero wipers...

Took advantage of the nice weather this afternoon to give the Bora a wash with some Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo (honestly, it's good stuff!) and a good coat of NXT/P21S and got some piccies of her...

Really happy with the Eibach pro-kit, admittedly it doesnt give a huge drop in ride height, but does drop it enough imo to loose the standard 4X4 stance and improves the looks but more importantly the ride quality and handling is in a different league, well worth it imo [Y]
Your car look's well sweet mate[Y]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts