Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not being into football all that much, does this mean his wages over 5 years will be ?128m?!

Jeeeeeeeeez! Is he really worth that?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lol I doubt it. 128 mil over 5 years is just under 500,000 a week. I dont think he is that good!

Dont know what it means to be honest, doubt he will get a lump sum of 128 mil for signing either but possibly

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I cant see him getting that much, must be a misprint....you sure its not ?12m or ?28m or ?12.8m over 5 years because that would sound about right ?28m over 5 years is about 107k a week which sounds about right. ?128m over 5 years though....that is just a stupid amount and no fooball team could afford to pay him that. That would basically be like having about 6 other GOOD players for the price of just him.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant see him getting that much, must be a misprint....you sure its not ?12m or ?28m or ?12.8m over 5 years because that would sound about right ?28m over 5 years is about 107k a week which sounds about right. ?128m over 5 years though....that is just a stupid amount and no fooball team could afford to pay him that. That would basically be like having about 6 other GOOD players for the price of just him.
Deffo ?128m http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

Unsure if this is his wages though or other people take cuts?

They were saying he would like to go to Man U, but after 5 years, basically his retirement time, on that money he could just buy Man U. [:|]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
So he s admitted to himself that he cant play at the top level anymore. Its not like he needs to bloody money. He should of come back to where he belongs and play in the best league in the world! Ok he may run with a piano on his back but no one is faster than a football and beckham can ping that ball whereever he wants......

Very angry, the premiership would of welcomed him back but it seems this move is more to do with the lifestyle not playing the game he loves.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Deffo ?128m http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

Unsure if this is his wages though or other people take cuts?

They were saying he would like to go to Man U, but after 5 years, basically his retirement time, on that money he could just buy Man U. [:|]
Yup, Man U's turn over for a year is something like ?160m, I cant see it being him taking the full ?128m but who knows...it is the USA and the amount of money the yanks have to throw around is absolutly unreal! Look at there basketball players and the amount there on, and then there is Tiger Woods who is in a complete different league being the first person to be a sporting billionaire.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thats small money for us sports stars, have a look at some of the contracts for basketball players, some get way more than that over that period of time.

It is a stupid amount of money to be paid, but its the income to the club that Beckham generates that alows them to pay him this money.

When he joined Real Madrid from Man U, I think they paid ?25 million for him, they made this money back within a couple of months just from shirt sales!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
That figure will include his Image Rights. It was thought that LAG will give Beckham 100% control over his imaging rights. What the hell is he gonna do with all that money. If he split with the ball and chain imagine the fun he ll have in Hollywood!! I would invest in Playboy and live in the mansion!!! HEAVEN

·
Registered
674 Posts
The ?128million that is being reported is not a "signing on" fee, its what he will probably earn in the next 5 years through his image rights.

The states are crying out for a worldwide star to try and kick start football (Im not going to call it Soccer) in the states - Pele and Bestie both tried and failed but Beckham has a worldwide BRAND which sponsers will lap up over there - he and his family are not found falling out of nightclubs, snorting the snow or fighting with Taxi drivers so he is perfect imagewise.

As they have given him 100% of his image rights, he is once again able to control the ever growing Beckham Brand.

Id actually say ?128million over 5 years is a very conservative guestimate from the press - as that only gives ?25.3m a year...I can see him doubling that easily over there -- the football schools will grow, Victorias VB brand will grow and they will become the biggest star we have ever exported fairly quickly.

Good luck to the bloke i say! Get what you can before you finish!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
He's signed for LA Galaxy in California. Annoyed britains aparently.
Realk were over there and playing a friendly against galaxy when I was there in july 2005. We thought, oh well, we'll go and watch Real play, its a friendly, noone knows who these ***** are over here...!?!?!?!

Holy crap.........game was at 8.30, we were north of the stadium and had to pass by it to go back to the hotel, before we went out, the freeway was about 8miles away..........at 3.30, the orads were solid............apparently near 200,000 people had the same idea of tryingto get tickets on the gate, they cleared all the grief from it at 4am, and the 8.30 kick off was delayed by over an hour.............!!

He's HUGE over in CA!! All the next day all they talked about ont he TV was Beckham this and posh tart that..........!? They hardly mentioned who won the bloody game........!?!?

He's a professional celebrity now, this guy........!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That figure will include his Image Rights. It was thought that LAG will give Beckham 100% control over his imaging rights. What the hell is he gonna do with all that money. If he split with the ball and chain imagine the fun he ll have in Hollywood!! I would invest in Playboy and live in the mansion!!! HEAVEN

Or go and buy "Prague", dumping beanpolescarysmile poshtart in the process!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The ?128million that is being reported is not a "signing on" fee, its what he will probably earn in the next 5 years through his image rights.

The states are crying out for a worldwide star to try and kick start football (Im not going to call it Soccer) in the states - Pele and Bestie both tried and failed but Beckham has a worldwide BRAND which sponsers will lap up over there -
..........you think in 10 years Beckham will be peddaling "errectile disfunction" treatment over there.................!?!?

Mind you, looking at his missus, I could understand if he suffered from it now........!! lol!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts

Or go and buy "Prague", dumping beanpolescarysmile poshtart in the process!

Yes Yes good idea, thats what i ll do. I ll have to scout the talent next week then!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts

The states are crying out for a worldwide star to try and kick start football (Im not going to call it Soccer) in the states - Pele and Bestie both tried and failed but Beckham has a worldwide BRAND which sponsers will lap up over there -
..........you think in 10 years Beckham will be peddaling "errectile disfunction" treatment over there.................!?!?

Mind you, looking at his missus, I could understand if he suffered from it now........!! lol!
hahahah! But saying that, there is still something about her that makes me say I would!! And I had it on VERY good information from Spice Girls days that she was a right dirty young girl before she joined the band!!!! heehee!! Just needs to get those Spice Girls Curves back a little bit, but looking at the papers recently, maybe she has been out and BROUGHT them already!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
He hasn't actually signed yet, but says he will at the end of the season when his Real contract runs out. Anything could happen by then.

He has always said the only club he would play for in the Premership is Man U again. Here's a senario, with Fergie muttering on about winning the treble this year, if they do could it be time for him to bow out on a high at 65.

It was Fergie that wanted rid of Beckham, and with him gone before Beckham signs a contract with Macdonalds FC then he could sign again for Man U. I know plenty of potential new managers for Man U would want him, the fans wouldn't mind him back, and the players wouldnt' either. Plus the Glaziers would relish the money making machine Beckham.

It would give him the type of game he needs to get back into the England side, then possibly move to the US for that big paycheck when he is 35, 36 they would still have him then!

Just speculation, but then that's what most footie news is!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts