Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If its anywhere near as wet or gusty everywhere else as it is here in Dorset, then be careful going home.

We have seen large objects, probably bits of fence or rubbish, flying thru the air outside of the office window

The trees are at 45 degrees.

And our van drivers are all stuck in traffic that has stopped because the rain is so heavy.

The roads are flooding, so dont go driving thru big puddles, as we all know what happens when an engine drinks water (Carbonio owners especially)

I hope this eases off by 5:30. Not only have I got to get home, but I am gasping for a ***!!!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic storm early AM eh?

My drive this morning was HILARIOUS fun...

[:O]
I woke up to the house rumbling with thunder. Looked out of the window to see kids virtually hanging onto the bus stop opposite lol. Poor sods.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baz u mite actualy wanna come up to Kent then! Its georgous here and the women are pretty tastey to lol.
The women down here are nice, even if some of them have poo in their hair where their heads live up their ass 10 hours a day...So is the weather usually (nice that is lol)

BTW, Kent is a bit far to travel to get a bunk up, even if it may be far away enough to not get caught [;)]

Is this terrible weather only daan saff then?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm up Yorkshire way and believe it or not it's not even raining (anymore). The flat caps are staying on folks' heads and the whippets have all four feet on the ground.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's been fine here today, there was a bit of light rain as I was driving to work & it wasn't even windy. I normally feel the wind on the motorway but there were no signs of any (maybe it was because I was driving the Golf to work for the 1st time today)

·
Registered
49 Posts
[st]HORRENDOUS in Scotland, has'nt stopped raining for a week (feels like a year), the rain is actually going horizontal!!!!

Glad to be home,Although just phoned my football manager and it turns out my game is on tomorrow? W.T.F!

You would think I would be used to rain after 29 years......[st][um]

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That reminds me of a Little Britain sketch

"Our favourite holiday destination, apart from Siberia, is Scotland" lol

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
very windy up here. i had a brown trouser moment going over barton bridge on the M60 in the works curtain sided van, wasnt carrying any goods in back either to weigh it down!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i was not happy yesterday!

1st i had to walk from college to the car park at the main campus which is about 5mins away over a main road and railway bridge, then i get to my car and put my bag in the boot to step in a puddle as deep as my ankles surrounding the whole car. driving home in cold wet through feet (nice)

then traffic was horrendous and i had to walk the dog when i got in.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Absolutely stunning here in Devon this morning, not a cloud in the sky, no wind.  It is one of those perfect winters days, so i am off out to sea to make the most of it!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
went to bridlington with gf n little un yesterday, rained so hard we had water in our shoes (I mean full, lol) had to drive home in boxers, lol couldnt bend my leg the jeans were so wet, lol. managed to empty shoes though so that was ok. Little un was histerical, was pretty awful, glorious sunshine when we got there then it changed so fast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts