Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Know where I can get replacement valve caps for my BBS wheels, the type that covers all the valve, cause some little swine [}:)], nicked two of mine, probably for his pushbike??

·
Registered
401 Posts
LOL someone did exactly the same to me, nicked two of them ? I emailed BBS direct, never had a reply. If you do find somewhere that will sell them let me know please [^]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have given up with the local chavs. I bought (well, was given[:I]) a bag of aluminium dust caps by my tyre dealer mate, and fit a new set of two most weeks. If I am lucky, all four wheels get new caps. The chavs' mountain bikes look really bling. I know who it is but must not rise to it or there would be dire consequences![}:)]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by Blake on 12/08/2004 20:46:03

All four of mine got pinched 4 days ago......is it the same person doing it?????

Yes the M4 corridor valve cap conspiracy [B)]. (Suspect seen driving northbound in a 6 wheeled car with bbs wheels..)

Why do they do it though??!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone seen the air valves that can be locked and if so where do you get them from?

Also ive seen ones that look like bolts on a two piece alloy for example that just screw in over the air valve.

Any info anyone?

·
Registered
654 Posts
We discussed this a while ago, same thing happened to me!

You can have valaves fitted to the wheels when you have the tires changed and they can be flush to the rims with allen key dust caps.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I had two of my caps stolen in London and you can order new ones via the BBS site www.bbsdirect.co.uk

Go to the top of the screen and on the ALLOY box, s elect Contact and then click on Bristol(on the map).

you can buy the caps from them at ?1.00 each. I bought 12 and they sent them special Delivery (at no cost to me)and I had them the next day.

I live in London, and MSW in Bristol had no problems sending them to me. I bought 12 just incase more go missing.

Here's their details= MSW - sorry could not find their site.

Tel: 0117 965 6611 Fax: 0117 965 6369 (they provide great service)

Hope this helps guys [:D][:D]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quote: posted by RS GOLF on 13/08/2004 18:55:48

I had two of my caps stolen in London and you can order new ones via the BBS site www.bbsdirect.co.uk

Go to the top of the screen and on the ALLOY box, s elect Contact and then click on Bristol(on the map).

you can buy the caps from them at ?1.00 each. I bought 12 and they sent them special Delivery (at no cost to me)and I had them the next day.

I live in London, and MSW in Bristol had no problems sending them to me. I bought 12 just incase more go missing.

Here's their details= MSW - sorry could not find their site.

Tel: 0117 965 6611 Fax: 0117 965 6369 (they provide great service)

Hope this helps guys [:D][:D]

Nice one! Will give them a try on Monday [^]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Mine lasted about 3 hours before the local kids nicked em, i'll give MSW a try and order a few extra this time, just in case....[:(]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Why would you buy new ones? They will only get nicked again. My Dad lost 7 sets from his 530 Sport before he gave up - just get the black ones, the little pikeys don't nick those.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hoping they will last a little longer this time Mike, had the last lot on when i lived in Wythenshawe, now that i've moved to Cheshire [cough] we don't get pikeys over here! [/cough]... [;)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 14/08/2004 13:24:41

Why would you buy new ones? They will only get nicked again. My Dad lost 7 sets from his 530 Sport before he gave up - just get the black ones, the little pikeys don't nick those.

Your could use the black caps when parking in bad area's and use the BBS caps when going to shows or cruising around. Or you can just take them off when not using the car ....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine are still there after 1 week so lets see how that goes!

Anyone know where you can get the locking air valve things from, so i can get rid of anything pinchable on the wheels??

·
Registered
379 Posts
People who steal valve/dust caps should have their left testicle removed and see how they like something being taken away from them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts