Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK can someone give me a definitive answer on fitting 18" or 19" CH's to my R32?

I keep reading about the need to have the wheel machined down to 8 from 8.5, is this true? If does anybody do the machining down without affecting the warranty on the wheels?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hi mate,

The people who have said that obviously haven't tried for themselves, CH's will fit on an R32 no problem, I have 8.5 x 18 CH's on my 1.8T and have never had a single issue:

Posted Image

·
Registered
214 Posts
Likewise, I have 8.5x19" CH's on my wifes 1.8T and not a single issue. You cannot change the wheel width on a monoblock wheel, you can only alter a split rim type wheel. You can machine the inner face in some applications to alter the offset of the wheel, that is the only change that you can make.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Bigbird......I asked the same question nearly a year ago......and alot of duff gen came flooding in causing doubt [:mad:]... loads of hassle.[Y].....but in the end found what I knew to be the correct answer...(after all was just confirming before paid out...as you are[Y]).....all the confusion is because you have to order/fit the Audi TT ET30 wheel....(is no ET35 MK4 fit)....this then makes people think it wont fit.....in reality it does with no probs.....im running 8.5x19" and as the guys above have already confirmed they fit fine.....(and the outer edge will sit level with the arches)......

out of interest the wheel code for a 8.5x19" is CH 014.....not sure on an 18" tho?????

Nick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi mate,

The people who have said that obviously haven't tried for themselves, CH's will fit on an R32 no problem, I have 8.5 x 18 CH's on my 1.8T and have never had a single issue:

Hi

I know this is an old post but what offset etc are these CH's?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi mate,

Hi

I know this is an old post but what offset etc are these CH's?
If these are the BBS CH002 Alloys which is the only BBS CH alloy that will fit a MK4 Golf directly then the dimensions will be as follows:

18"x8.5" wide

ET 30 (offset)

5x100 stud diameter.

Fit these with 225/40/R18 tyres for a subtle stretch (as in photo above) or 215/40/R18 if you're after a lotta stretch!! [:D]

Hope this helps. Possibly the owner can keep me right!

·
SMUJ
5,139 Posts
Sorry guys to bring up an old thread again, but Im putting on a set of 18" CH 012s on my MK4 they are 5x112 8.5x18 can anyone here please tell me what the offset would be as I need to order adapters.

Many thanks in adv

Smuj

·
Registered
184 Posts
BBS CH012 have an offset of 35mm IIRC. With direct fit CH's (ch002) its quite common for people to fit 10mm spacers so they fill out the arches. CH002's have an offset of 30mm minus 10mm spacer = final ET 20mm. So if u can find 15mm adaptors you should have no bother fitting your wheels. [:D] i've a funny feeling sumbody sells 16mm adaptors, which wud be find as well. Will try and look them up tonight for you.

·
SMUJ
5,139 Posts
Cheers buddy, I rant Venom today but they only have 20mm instock, 15mm are on back order.

·
SMUJ
5,139 Posts
Ok I've sourced the adapters from a place around the corner from me, but Ive just realised my alloys have the spigot rings missing, nothings simple. lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im glad this thread is around, Im basically going to purchase some BBS CHs hopefully within the next 2 months.

I have a standard 1.4 MK4 (53 plate) for which Im also trying to source a anni body kit, I have tracked down a link selling these rims and wanted to know are these the correct ones to fit:

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/19_Inch_BBS_CH_Silver_Alloy_Wheels__1599

Also what fitment etc / offset will these need to be and can also anyone recommend some tyres for these rims, I have been told I will also need to drop the car, anyone know how much by?

For this I have been told I will also need coilovers, sorry about the questions guys, total novice!!!

Thanks.

·
SMUJ
5,139 Posts
fullycracked are you going for 19s then as in your link. Most members I know have 18s, I've got 225/40/18 tyres but I know people with 215/40 too, its up to you. Yes you ideally would go lower but again its up to you. The link you have up says many offsets etc available so you should be OK, just try and get 5x100 (stud pattern) unless you want to end up messing around with spacers etc. You may still want spacers on even after getting the 5x100 versions.

Smuj

·
SMUJ
5,139 Posts
Cant say where the best place to buy is as i think it is against forum rules and you can get loocked out for doing it. You may need spacers on the ET30 ones bt thats your choice.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Am glad this thread has come up, can a just ask, how can you tell the difference between fake bbs CH's and genuine ?

Thanks
Genuine BBS CH's have a 52mm centre cap and MANY reps you see will have a silver ring around the centre cap badge [Y]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts