Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my first mod to my newly aquired MKIV is going to be a set of alloys. I've got my heart set on these BBS CH alloys since seing them on a MKV. Not found any pics of them yet on a MKIV but I bet they look just as good [:D]

Could anyone tell me where you can buy these? im in the west midlands if that helps.

Also what size do you guys think is best for the MKIV. I think I have standard 16's on my car at the moment. Were these standard on the 1.8T GTi? and can I get BBS CH alloys say 19's or 18's that will fit a MKIV ok?

Any help appreciated [:)]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You are pretty colse to Motorsport wheels UK at Wednesbury, who used to be (but are now associated with) BBS direct. For 18 inchers with toyos you should be able to get them for about ?1300 ish

Although the MSWUK site does not show BBS nowadays, they do do BBS. technically only supply trade, but if you ask nicely and collect your own, they will supply you.

Trouble is, there are just about no BBS CHS in the UK right now, lead time about a week to two from germany.

They do have the new CK in, but its just not as nice as the CHS!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
simch I didn?t know Motorsport wheels existed, so thank you.

I will try and swindle them to supply me the CH's as I do like them.

Graygti - I have not seen LM's before, so I just did a quick Google and you're evil for suggestion them, because now I am second guessing my first choice. I had not seen another set out of all makes I wanted besides those CH's until now [:p]

I just jumped on the Motorsport wheels website, s elected VW and then I can't find the option to pick a MKIV 1.8T GTi. So I can't browse through which wheels I know will fit. Will almost any alloys fit, or do you have to be careful?

Thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
hhhuummmm LM's nice aint they.theres a few lucky lads who have them on here...

think for 18's thesize you need is

PCD: 5 x 100

Offset: ET38

im 99% sure

gray

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You do know none of that makes sense to me, but thanks all the same [:D]
if you check the wheel spec you are looking at you will see this type thing the 5x100 is the stud pattern that matches our golfs and the ET is the offset how much the wheel sticks out on the hub or even in.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i got the DPM group buy and BBS are currently making a new batch of CH which will be ready in January, but i couldn't beat the price so it'll be worth the wait[Y]

·
Registered
398 Posts
I waited 6 months for my set this time last year [:mad:].......(was also told 2 weeks to make em then ship to the uk)....So don`t build your hopes up like I did..[:(]

they did have 8.5x 18" in stock...but it was 19" I went for.......so had a long wait!!!

Be aware they DONT make the correct offset for the Golf....(ET35)...hence isnt listed for our fitment.....So you have to order the Audi TT offfset which is ET 30....(sits flush with the arch at the front)...

Nicko

Posted Image

·
Registered
398 Posts
i ordered the 18 x 8, do you think they would the correct offset for a Bora?
Think also ET30 in 18"....as for the Audi TT again.......think id prob go for spacers on the back tho....for the added Phat look.[;)]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought I would bump this as the group buy via DPM AutoStyling doesn't look like it is going to come off anytime soon and Motorsport wheels UK have finally replied to one of my emails [:D]

Now its come to the crunch of spending the money I am still unsure what size to get. I have read a few thread about CH's and noticed people have had worse handing and ride with 18's on.

Any opinions on what size is best for a MKIV and what offset I should mention to MSWUK ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
ride shouldnt be too much of an issue on a light wheel like a CH (the anniversary came with an 18" wheel from factory as did the R32) Its the heavy cheap replica wheels that cause difficulties with cheap tyres on.

CHs look lovelly and dont have the 3k price tag of the LMs lol.

Would love a set for my bora but my santa monicas will do for me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The ride on mine is better with 19 BBS CH (235 35 19) compared ith the standard 18" RCs. My suspension is H&R springs with Eibach shocks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Guys,

MSWUK replied with a price for CH's:

"Price for 8.5x18" CH with 225/40R18 to suit Golf
MK4, you mentioned you wanted Toyo tyres, you have the choice two treads, the
T1-S or the new and improved T1-R.

With T1-S - ?1240.00
With T1-R - ?1320.00

Please note, we can fit the wheels free at our
depot here in Walsall, or we can deliver for a charge of ?10.00 +
vat" Is 8.5x18 the way to go, I thought getting 8x18 would be better so not to get any rubbing? and I did ask for a price for both, but thats all they replied with Also what you guys think of the price? CheersScott

·
Registered
44 Posts
Resurrecting this thread from May 2007, did this deal ever progress and is there anyone on here that has BBS CH's on theirs now?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts