Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need your help with the BBQ! If we all muck in we should be able to get eveything covered in terms of food, BBQ's and other things we might need.

Our aim is to get everyone coming to bring along a bit of food or disposable BBQ [Y]

Reply to this thread if you can help.

[hr]
BBQ list.

Head Chefs [:p] :
Rayban (Saturday)
Tylerama

Disposable BBQ's:
BlueV5
Deadlock

Sausages:
BlueV5

Burgers:
Tabs
aric (Sunday)

Chicken:
Deadlock
Rayban

Buns / Baps (no jokes please!):
BlueV5
Deadlock

Salad and Beans:
GTI Jazz Blue (beans)
Zekegti (Salad)

Paper plates etc.
Tylerama

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've updated the first post to include details of what food people could bring and who will be bringing it. Remember if we all muck in it should all be covered!

Also I know people like to be the cooks so let us know if your up for being a uk-mkivs chef [:p]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Put me down for the BBQ's, buns and sausages. How many should i bring?
And don't worry, it won't be any 'Value' sausages or buns [;)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Now you guys kidding me right but no thought to ask about BBQ chef here! [:p] Actually doing another BBQ this Saturday.

Sorry guys been off the forum for way too long due to loads of work but I shoud be able to bring some food along for the BBQ.

Anyone like Peri Peri Chicken wings? or Jamaican Jerk Chicken. I can do some greek chicken kebabs as well. Definitely coming on Saturday but will not stay for Sunday I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm sure I could organise something to bring.

Quick question though, seeing as it is August are we going to be able to keep stuff cool ?

I don't know about anyone else but I don't fancy a dose of food poisoning the next day.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I'm sure I could organise something to bring.

Quick question though, seeing as it is August are we going to be able to keep stuff cool ?

I don't know about anyone else but I don't fancy a dose of food poisoning the next day.
Surely there must be a Tesco's or somewhere nearby, that some of us could pop out there an hour or so before the barbecue, get the loot, then come back with it ? same again for sunday afternoon.. obv we can bring the disposable barbies with us but we could do that for the food perhaps ?

I'm up for being a chef if ya like. only gotta stick 'em on then turn em every so often [:D]

If the money is an issue, perhaps we could get everyone to chip in three quid ?? then someone (or maybe a couple of people) could go to a local supermarket and get the bits n pieces and use the cash from the bbq fund to pay for it all ? Just a suggestion [:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Now you guys kidding me right but no thought to ask about BBQ chef here! [:p] Actually doing another BBQ this Saturday.

Sorry guys been off the forum for way too long due to loads of work but I shoud be able to bring some food along for the BBQ.

Anyone like Peri Peri Chicken wings? or Jamaican Jerk Chicken. I can do some greek chicken kebabs as well. Definitely coming on Saturday but will not stay for Sunday I'm afraid.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Paul, See your concern mate, but I'll probably keep my marinaded stuff in the freezer from fresh and then stick in an ice bag followed by an ice box which should do the trick. If not, I think the suggestion of just getting them at the local Tescos is a fab idea.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I see there's also a petrol station, a car wash, a supermarket, a chippie, a fun fair aaaaaand go karts on site ! [6][:D][6][:D]

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
All

IMPORTANT

Please bear in mind that this is a decent camp site, so there are strict rules surrounding the use of BBQ's...

If you are thinking of bringing a disposable BBQ, please also bring 2 housebricks or similar to rest it on, so that it doesn't burn the grass.

If we leave the place in a mess (ie burnt grass) then I'm pretty sure we won't be allowed to go back.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Good point Josh, note taken!

Oh, and can someone bring a big roll of bin bags too so we can leave them lying around if there are not bins there?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
My shopping list is paper plates and a disposable barbecue. I can go and get some burgers and sausages on the day as needed.

Anything else needed ?? if not, I guess we can get it at the shop on site, perhaps. or just drive to a nearby supermarket !

I'm sure once they smell rays kebabs cooking, they'll get interested Mark [:D]

1 - 20 of 55 Posts