Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do!

Thinking about bying it. Heard its really good. I really didn't like battlefield 1942 so will i like or hate it?

cheers Deano

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
What didn't you like about BF1942? I didn't play that really so not
sure how much differences there are. However I really like BF2, lots of
tactics and different ways to play.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Great game!! the gameplay is superb as are the graphics.It will swallow up whatever graphics card you've got and then some[:D] Just happen to have a copy for sale along with the special forces expansion pack[Y] If your interested give us a PM.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I only have a Radeon 9800 pro 128Mb and that copes just fine. Sure it's
not going to look as great as some of the cards out there but you don't
have to have the latest in technology to play it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Super game, as said lots of fun especially if you team up with a few mates, along with voice chat!!

Play mine on my laptop, had it on low settings but then got more ram and have it all turned up to max and the graphics are what can i say super, although its got 256mb graphics,1.5gb ram and is running a 3.4 chip it still gets quite hot!!

Look out for the new one coming out soon, 2142 with more new shit to blow people up with[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i went out and bought it today and it wont work!!![:mad:]

Install fine, when i load it up it starts a bit slow but loads up in the end. Then when click start single player game its says starting then goes black and then back to desktop and BF2 has closed.

My system is running

1.5gb of ram - more than enough according to the requirements

geforce 6800 128mb/v999/td

AMD athlon xp 2000+ overclocked to 1.74 - reguirements stat min of 1.7

so to me it should run

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went out and bought it today and it wont work!!![:mad:]

Install fine, when i load it up it starts a bit slow but loads up in the end. Then when click start single player game its says starting then goes black and then back to desktop and BF2 has closed.

My system is running

1.5gb of ram - more than enough according to the requirements

geforce 6800 128mb/v999/td

AMD athlon xp 2000+ overclocked to 1.74 - reguirements stat min of 1.7

so to me it should run

·
Registered
861 Posts
what graphics card driver are you using ?

bf2 is a good test of equipment stability and if your overclock is anyway on the edge its a reason to be thrown back to desktop.

91.31 seem to wotk quite well on my brother nvidia.

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia/official/nt5/9131.php

make sure you go into video settings and make sure there not too high for your card.

good luck

playin jalalabad at the moment beta 1.4 patch and its the best infantry map ive played.

nikB check it out its quality !!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had the same problem, you need to download the full patch for it to work.

Its a large file around 400-500 megs and that should solve your problem, if not there is plenty of help on their website.

Happy gaming!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING - Do not buy this game, unless you are prepared to lose girlfriends, any social life and respect from your mates.

It is seriously addictive and is a hugely deep and tactical game, with no other game coming anywhere near to its movie like graphics. I was hugely impressed with this game a year ago and to date I dont think anything has even come close. I would reco a 256mg graph card at least to run it on full spec and get the most from it.

The top link is the full patch 438mb

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=bf2_1_3

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i hope this fixes it. not heard one bad comment about the game from anyone. just got the graphics ard at christmas so dont wont to buy a new one yet. should really buy a new processor tho.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well so far no good. Could someone with the 1.3 patch istalled tell me what the version number is on the menu screens cos I don't think the patch has installed as it say 1.1.......

·
Registered
354 Posts
The number is 1.1.2878-710.0, dont know why they dont have it in an easier format.!

If that doesnt work look on the EA website under technical support and type in your question there.

Also try opening the game from the exe. on the disc rather than the shortcut on the desktop.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think its defeated me!!

Tried the patch no luck, contacted EA and they gave me somethings to try, no luck. contacted EA one last time seee what happens then its back to the shop (if they'll take it)

Thanks for all your help anyway people one day i might be able to run. One day.

Deano

1 - 20 of 29 Posts