Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure about the second one to be honest.

I'm guessing the first one is a Bailey DV26, i just put one of those on my 1.8T Non-DBW and it looks exactly the same as the pic.

It sounds nice if you want that noise. I didnt realise it would be as loud as it is but i'm still quite happy.

Not much help i know!

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have the first one mate guessing the 2nd one makes a slightly different noise. i have just taken mine off as the turbo blew up 2 weeks after fitting it,i went into denial saying it cant be the dump valve, 6 months later and my car was back down the garage having another new turbo fitted, it might be coincidance but i cant afford it any more.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have had the top one on for ages now and i love it.... No problems at all. Although i have it in a different place to the one pictured....

Wez

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for replies i cant see that blowing ur turbo but hey i might be wrong.

WEZ and chance of a pic where u have placed the dump valve???

Think i might have to go for one of these

·
Registered
37 Posts
dazzer, i can see why you are concerned as i probably would be but if anything, a dump valve should extend the life of the turbo.

Although saying that, i have probably driven my car harder after getting my CAI and dump valve. lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah I thought that was in the wrong place! Maybe they've re-routed it so it does a different job?

They both vent to atmos and I reckon the first one's a dv26 and the second one is the newer louder version called a venturi or something.

If you're venting to atmos it's ok on up to yr2000 non dbw cars like mine (AGU engine code) because we have a throttle conrolled by a cable, the ecu's control the throttle on later dbw cars and the atmos bov's cause problems on them - as the ECU can't calculate the air/fuel mix properly (waste air gets vented out of the system, but the ECU doesn't know that, and thinks it's still in the loop)this means that the car stalls sometimes and runs rich with fuel. T

On later dbw cars I believe it's best to stick with re-circulating dump valves like the Forge dv006, dv007 or like me the Bailey dv30

I got my dv30 on ebay from rpm motorsport who I highly recommend - whichever one you choose.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ive been looking at the picture of the first dump valve on the ebay link and thats my engine bay!!! look!!

ebay picture..

Posted Image

my engine bay picture {that has been posted on the net b4}..

Posted Image

·
Registered
259 Posts
Quote: posted by vwcr on 21/01/2005 21:16:13

Blimey its been welded on you get that fitted at a garage??

Whats been welded? lol Thats where the original pipe came from... [:D]

Wez

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah wez just got mine to see that lol.

Where does the little pipe off the top go to??

Also y has it been split?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The little pipe goes into the engine block where the old Diverter Valve had a tube too.

That has been split for my boost gauge.

Have you got your DV on yet??

Wez

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No lol i only just got the car today lol

Will be ordering first thing Monday

You reckon i get one like urs or the new trumpet one??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Never heard the trumpet one, but judging how mine is and everything works 100%, id just stick to the same as mine....

Wez

·
Registered
37 Posts
N11K DJ,

I have heard about problems on DBW 1.8T golfs so i am not sure to be honest.

If you did decide to get one it would depend where you want to put it. If you want to have it like the one on ebay,then yes you will need a fitting kit.

but if you want to fit in the same place as Wez then it would prob be cheaper to buy hoses seperatly.

I personally went for the full Bailey fitting kit which locates the dump valve at the front.

·
Registered
70 Posts
N11K DJ,

I have heard about problems on DBW 1.8T golfs so i am not sure to be honest.

If you did decide to get one it would depend where you want to put it. If you want to have it like the one on ebay,then yes you will need a fitting kit.

but if you want to fit in the same place as Wez then it would prob be cheaper to buy hoses seperatly.

I personally went for the full Bailey fitting kit which locates the dump valve at the front.
Hi, u have located it to the front? is there any benefit of doing this other then leaving at the top of the engine? like what is the purpose of the differnt locations?

·
Registered
547 Posts
i heard that blow offs were bad for your car in the long run, might be a load of hash but i wasnt bothered for the woooosh, i have a baileys recirc and its nice, holds boost well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts