Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'00 Highline PD115 (3dr, AJM, DRW, LC9Z)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 3dr '00 mk4 with a 1J0 comfort control module.

TLDR: No interior lights, resoldered the CCM, interior lights work but now doors won't lock via the fob

The CCM seems to have gone bad: both the door courtesy lights and interior lights wouldn't come on, no matter the switch or door position. If any door was open, the "door open" warning light would light up on the cluster so I'm discarding a bad door module - also, IIRC, the driver's door lock was replaced back in January by my mechanic.

It went from the lights not coming on a couple times a week from the lights coming on once or twice a month.

Fuse 14, for the CCM, burnt a couple months ago and I replaced it.

After a fair bit of searching, I came across some threads suggesting that resoldering cracked solder joints could potentially fix this issue so I did just that.

The module had a couple of cracked joints - I resoldered every pin of the relays.

After refitting, everything worked just fine until earlier this day when I was coding selective unlock. I wiggled the car a bit and the lights went off and back on again, and I heard a relay in the CCM click.

Now the doors won't lock or unlock via the fob but the car registers it as the indicators blink and the boot closes and opens.

I'm thinking I could have done more harm than good by resoldering...

I'm wishfully hoping that a bad relay is the issue.

The possible causes on VCDS wiki don't seem plausible, given that the car knows when and which door is open - driver/passenger or boot.

Possible Causes
  • Wiring and/or Connectors faulty
  • Door Control Module(s) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check/Repair Wiring and/or Connectors
  • Check/Replace Door Control Module(s)

Is it time to hit the scrappers and get me a new 1J0 ccm? :confused:

Thank you. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it helps, here's the VCDS log:
Code:
Control Module Part Number: 1J0 959 799 AH
  Component and/or Version: 4H Zentral-SG Komf. 0001
           Software Coding: 00256
           Work Shop Code: WSC 00046
           Additional Info: Steuergerát Fahr. antwortet nicht   
           Additional Info: Steuergerát Beif. antwortet nicht   
6 Faults Found:
00953 - Interior Light Time limit
        25-10 - Unknown Switch Condition - Intermittent
01329 - Convenience System Data Bus in Emergency Mode
        35-00 - -
01328 - Convenience System Data Bus
        35-00 - -
01332 - Door Control Module: Passenger Side (J387)
        49-00 - No Communications
01331 - Door Control Module: Driver Side (J386)
        49-00 - No Communications
01179 - Incorrect Key Programming
        35-00 - -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems like it lost all settings maybe a simple reprogramming will work if it doesn't than you'll need to replace it and have it programmed to your car.
I don't know, after standing for a bit it now works perfectly fine. Maybe there were some shenanigans happening on the CCM microcontroller as I had tried to read from it with the KW1281 command line utility. I didn't need to reprogram any fob and am still using the original VW one to this day.

Anyway, I'll see if it throws a fit like this once again, if so I might get a CCM from another Golf and reprogram it. If that does not solve the issue I might have some pesky wiring problem which I seriously hope it's not the case.

Cheers ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts