Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,

Just bought myself a second hand de-cat for my underpowered 1.4.. Im told with a nice backbox will change the flow + sound + performance drastically..

Im not too sure on the ebay jobbies as an option for the backbox, i have already a 4Mo Rear Valance in my garden gathering grime, so im after something that will fill that valance nicely, twin output or possibly an oval which looks attractive and not too "chavy".

What will a new backbox geniunely do for me being? Also the flow ect.. and whats the bad points to it.

Also, having my car de-cat'ed with the de-cat iv bought whats the changes i can expect from that?

Whats your thoughts an opinions, i have no experience in this area, so some help + recommondations would be brilliant!

Also, i want somthing that doesnt sound like a 1.0l Corsa or a typical saxo.. and that will be attractive too look at!

If anyone can recommend some backboxes for under £100 if appreciate it!

Thanks,
Lewis

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
am not sure i could recommend any backboxes cause i went custom..but you'll pretty much gain some nice sound and maybe a bit more of responsive throttle but thats all you should get out of an 1.4 (definately go for the twin look btw) and decating will probably give you a bit more of the above..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts