Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped over to PSI Tuning today and had the coilovers, ARB's and dog bone bushes removed - my god what a difference [:O]

You don't realise how much mods like this change the dynamics of the car. It feels like I'm driving a completely different machine now [:cool:]

But, the time has come, she has to be put back to stock to make ready for selling up. Just the wheels to swapped over (currently on steelies), then its time to put her in Auto Trader, Pitson Heads and maybe Ebay if it doesn't sell.

Shall post some pics tomorrow of the car in its birthday suit [:'(]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about selling the steelies yet, I've grown quite attached to the little fella's [:D] Might keep them for the next car.

I think I've settled on a Bora TDI, Andy. Won't be purchasing until early next year though, not much point buying a new'ish car for the winter, may as well bank the money and plod along with Jalopy. Plan is to pick something up Feb/March next year.

I quite like the idea of an Indigo Blue 130 Sport.

The ARB's, Dog Bone Bushes and Steelies will be kept for the next car [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Id keep the coilies too.. I remeber your words when you sold the R .. "cant be ollied with rock hard ride again".. guarentee youll get some more for the Bora.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You Golf still looked ace on the steelies at Mega Meet. Whoever buys your car will be getting a very nice one indeed.

Had any intrest off here yet?

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id keep the coilies too.. I remeber your words when you sold the R .. "cant be ollied with rock hard ride again".. guarentee youll get some more for the Bora.
Na I've done the low rider, I need a practical car for daily use. One thing driving the Rover has taught me, is that high rise suspension can have its advantages.

I'll more than likely be going down the Eibach/Koni route with the Bora.

Troll - Had a couple of people interested but nothing solid as of yet. Hopefully interest will pick up when it hits 'Trader!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I agree Mark, I am a fan of Eibachs since mine were fitted. I always had the attitude that aftermarket suspension was not necessary until I changed the standard stuff which turned out to be abismal worn rubbish!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
U really want a shadow blue bora, u know it makes sense [;)] looks awesome in the sunlight, has almost a purple flick to it and u can see all the metal flakes shining, well except today now the dealers 'courtesy washed' it and put a load of swirls in it [:mad:] anybody in yorkshire with a porter cable????

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Good to see your moving over to the big bummed side of the mk4's mate. I did the same a couple of years back have got to say that I much prefer my Bora or Gora as it now is. Slightly better equipment levels over the Golf and a massive boot.

What mods you got planned for it other than the suspension?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good to see your moving over to the big bummed side of the mk4's mate. I did the same a couple of years back have got to say that I much prefer my Bora or Gora as it now is. Slightly better equipment levels over the Golf and a massive boot.

What mods you got planned for it other than the suspension?
I love gora's!, got any pics m8?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You'll have to take us out for a spin sometime so I can see the difference your setup has made, Gary [Y]
And you already know what mine feels like in the corners so you'll have something to compare!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[

I ain't got kids and numerous dogs [:D]

Although it would look pretty trick..... Hmmm...
No but you do have plenty of detailing products and show parafenalia [:p]
True enough! How much do estates normally go for anyway? I'd ideally want a TDI...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts