Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, I'm in a dilemma and need some opinions lads n lasses. I'm getting approx ?350 back pay this month [:D] and want to spend it on something nice. What do you reckon? Feel free to add anything not in the poll.

ta

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
If you're modding on a budget (as I am!) here's my suggestions and rationale for the order in which to mod:

( apologies if I'm preaching to the converted!)

1. Wheels - lower profile tyres will give an immediate feel of improved handling due to less body roll (actually less flex from the sidewalls) in the corners (I bought my Monty IIs and put 2 tyres on for less than ?350)

2. Suspension - (try to do shocks at the same time as the springs) will compliment the tyres and further improve handling

3. Brakes - no good improving the handling if you can't slow down/stop properly!

4. Re-map/chip/box - without the others you'll have something that flys, but you'll scare yourself silly 'cos it won't stop or go round corners......[;)]

5. Spoiler - do you really want a spoiler instead of performance mods....[:p]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard W on 21/10/2004 14:09:54

4. Re-map/chip/box - without the others you'll have something that flys, but you'll scare yourself 'cos it won't stop or go round corners......

I can verify that, as can anyone who was at the JBS RR day last month...[:I]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do the wheels, then at least you can see what you've done!!!! plus if you remap you are 'suposed' to tell your insurance company, which costs even more!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by UK Paul on 22/10/2004 10:34:50

Pension everyone keeps on about.

Already got that sorted, been contributing for years *sigh*

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Milkfloat on 22/10/2004 11:20:07

Re-map all the way, go on, you know it makes sense.

I'm very tempted but as i'm probably only keeping it for another year, i'm concerned what affect it might have if I trade it in cos I suppose I'd have to mention it, while alloys/spoiler explain themselves and won't cos too much on the insurance. Hmm....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well re-map/chip/tuning box is out in front, with spoiler second any more for anymore?

"Alloys or chipped? Alloys or chipped?..."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts