Hmm, I'm in a dilemma and need some opinions lads n lasses. I'm getting approx ?350 back pay this month  and want to spend it on something nice. What do you reckon? Feel free to add anything not in the poll.
If you're modding on a budget (as I am!) here's my suggestions and rationale for the order in which to mod:
( apologies if I'm preaching to the converted!)
1. Wheels - lower profile tyres will give an immediate feel of improved handling due to less body roll (actually less flex from the sidewalls) in the corners (I bought my Monty IIs and put 2 tyres on for less than ?350)
2. Suspension - (try to do shocks at the same time as the springs) will compliment the tyres and further improve handling
3. Brakes - no good improving the handling if you can't slow down/stop properly!
4. Re-map/chip/box - without the others you'll have something that flys, but you'll scare yourself silly 'cos it won't stop or go round corners......
5. Spoiler - do you really want a spoiler instead of performance mods....
Re-map all the way, go on, you know it makes sense.
I'm very tempted but as i'm probably only keeping it for another year, i'm concerned what affect it might have if I trade it in cos I suppose I'd have to mention it, while alloys/spoiler explain themselves and won't cos too much on the insurance. Hmm....
A forum community dedicated to Volkswagen Mark 4 owners and enthusiasts in the UK. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more for the Golf, Bora, Jetta, Touran, and Scirocco!