Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I am not too sure what to think. I told Jabba to take it to the most it could do, so off he went and 2 1/2 hours later came back and asked me if I had noticed the car was running slow in stock mode, which as I hadn't drove another 130 didn't know any different. He then went on to tell me he had a bit of trouble maxing it out, but didn't know what it was that was holding it back, he mentioned the MAF, but he couldn't be sure. He said he had cleaned the MAF and apart from a bit of dirt wasn't too bad. The only other mod I have is the Green Panel Filter. Anyway here are my graphs, I would be grateful if someone could have a look and see how it looks compared to other 130's and maybe even suggest things which I could check to see what might be wrong. Also if someone could translate into BHP/LBS that would be great too.

Cheers

Posted Image

·
Registered
282 Posts
I assume the 142.2kW is the power figure to convert:

142.2 x 1.341 = 190.7 Bhp!

423.2Nm x 0.7376= 312.2 Lb-ft

Seems pretty good to me! [:O]

How does it feel to drive?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bearing in mind these are Jabba Figures. Definatley more surge of power there now, haven't really tested out yet, am just about to go our for an hour to give it some serious testing, so will report back shortly.

Cheers

·
Registered
193 Posts
I assume the 142.2kW is the power figure to convert:

142.2 x 1.341 = 190.7 Bhp!

423.2Nm x 0.7376= 312.2 Lb-ft

Seems pretty good to me! [:O]

How does it feel to drive?
dont forget though, that the 190bhp is not at the wheels - the figure to the wheels is a healthy 161bhp, which should be plenty sharp!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much smoke actually and Jabba commented on this. Think I had more smoke from my Van Aaken Tuning Box.

Just got back from a quick run and it feels impressive. First gear not much in it, but from second on, this is where all the fun starts. When doing non Motorway driving I am just hovering around 3/4th gear, ready to plant my foot down to feel the boost [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Not much smoke actually and Jabba commented on this.
Good to hear...[:D]

Mike normally looks after his customers.[Y][Y][Y]

No smoke normally means it's running well with the remap and not causing to much stress on the turbo...

I bet it's great to drive..

I would always recommend Jabba Sport to people...

·
Registered
193 Posts
60 BHP increase sounds good to me.
eh, do you like armadillos? [:S]
Posted Image

a 60bhp increase would sound lovely - it's just a shame he hasn't got that...[;)]

he got 60 at the fly, but still, 30 at the wheels is a great improvement - its the torque that is astounding though!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
a 60bhp increase would sound lovely - it's just a shame he hasn't got that...[;)]

he got 60 at the fly, but still, 30 at the wheels is a great improvement - its the torque that is astounding though!
Sorry, but I don't understand. You say that he has not got a 60BHP increase over the standard recommended VW figure, but then you agree and then start to talk about the power at the wheels.

What is the standard power at the wheels for one of these cars?

by your figures that would mean that it has 130BHP at the wheels from the factory, resulting in no loss throught the transmission and running gear.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Did you get a before plot? I'd honestly expect that figure is a little
optimistic - maybe 10bhp. But as has been said before its not the
figures on paper that matter its how it drives and obviously you're
very happy with the map.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Did you get a before plot?
Hi

Jabba told me that the before plot is the thin lines on the graph, not 100% sure myself as its the first one I have had.

Cheers
Yes your right mate and also the lines of similar colours i.e. Light blue and Dark blue / Yellow and Gold / Light Red and Dark Red.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Did you get a before plot? I'd honestly expect that figure is a little optimistic - maybe 10bhp. But as has been said before its not the figures on paper that matter its how it drives and obviously you're very happy with the map.
Before power is shown as 97.2kW (132.1Cv).

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Not much smoke actually and Jabba commented on this.
Good to hear...[:D]

No smoke normally means it's running well with the remap and not causing to much stress on the turbo...
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I had mine re-mapped 4 weeks
ago and it had been smoking alot and then the turbo blew up, so maybe
the re-map put too much stress on the turbo??

I don't take too much notice of all the rolling road figures and
graphs, as they all vary. If it feels good when your driving then thats
what counts.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Well the pre figure sounds about right so if they are pushing 190 out
of your car I'd be very careful that you're about to get a blown turbo
just like Wallace did.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Sorry, but I don't understand. You say that he has not got a 60BHP increase over the standard recommended VW figure, but then you agree and then start to talk about the power at the wheels.

What is the standard power at the wheels for one of these cars?

by your figures that would mean that it has 130BHP at the wheels from the factory, resulting in no loss throught the transmission and running gear.
actually, maybe i like armadillos too [:$]

a 60bhp increase is a little optomistic at the best of times... from just a remap...

if it was mated with hybrid turbo, uprated intercooler, and uprated internals, i may see into it.

i know other crowds such as upsolute can get a reliable 180bhp form a 130 golf, but dont recommend more than 170 really.

190 really is astounding - and if thats really what he's got, i know of at least 10 PD130 drivers from ireland who would be over in a flash to have their cars remapped to 190.

sorry if i seemed cheeky![A]

·
Registered
843 Posts
I took my 115bhp to BBR GTI in Northants and mines now running 148!!!!

Which I was impressed with, just think you 150 boi's have been driving around with this all the time but us young ones have to wait a little!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
The quoted 130bhp is at the fly surely? Any car manufactuer would quote the most impressive power figure....why would they give power output at the wheels?

A 2.0T FSi in a golf gti is 200bhp, so is a 4wd Audi A3....thats the engine power, they can't have the same power at the wheels.

i think the PD engines sometimes produce more than their quoted figures anyway so it may not be a 60bhp gain....but those are the right numbers to be looking at in order to make a comparison.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I had mine re-mapped 4 weeks
ago and it had been smoking alot and then the turbo blew up, so maybe
the re-map put too much stress on the turbo??

I don't take too much notice of all the rolling road figures and
graphs, as they all vary. If it feels good when your driving then thats
what counts.
Is your car a 1.8T or TDI? Was it a Jabbasport map you had?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts