Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some mindless gimp keyed down the side of my car, ive finally got her back. With a few little changes. Can you spot them?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Someones blocked you in your drive mate[;)]

Cant wait to get my stubby mirrors on now that I've seen yours mate.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some different wheels.

Where are the Daytona's?

Also did you also remove the side repeaters?

Looking very nice mate.

Dan
rials are kept off car for shows only. side repeaters removed. audi handles were just all to cock so they had to go.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
glad you got it back in the end mike.

do you feel better about it now youve got the handles back on?

what you going to do with the old doors?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks even smoother but why back to the golf handles[*-)]
they quite simply dont work properly. they are a major pain in the ass. I have had enough with them playing up so started again!!! New doors!!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glad you got it back in the end mike.

do you feel better about it now youve got the handles back on?

what you going to do with the old doors?
feel lots better now i can actually open the doors without wrestling with them!

Id love to kick and then burn the old doors but i may aswell try the good ol ebay.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks really good Mike.... i prefer the handles you have now ... I think they look better than the Audi ones.

Sorry to be negative[:$], but I was on the understanding that side repeaters are a legal requirement [:$].... I hope I'm wrong

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kev, it IS a legal requirement for side markers! BUT, the golf hardly ever gets used these days, as the modding has really run away with itself, so its sort of become a pure show car now.Plus the MOT isnt a problem ;-) 

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Kev, it IS a legal requirement for side markers! BUT, the golf hardly ever gets used these days, as the modding has really run away with itself, so its sort of become a pure show car now.Plus the MOT isnt a problem ;-)
Mike good to hear you have it all under control [:D]

It's a shame that your car will only be coming out to play now and then... as it is great and should be out there for everyone to see..... but this is the best way to keep it mint for shows and those awards you win [:)]

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oh i get it now shame they were a prob Mike but glad you have it sorted now!

Do you mind me asking how much it was for the doors? (new ones that is)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike good to hear you have it all under control [:D]

It's a shame that your car will only be coming out to play now and then... as it is great and should be out there for everyone to see..... but this is the best way to keep it mint for shows and those awards you win [:)]
yeah it is a shame it doesnt come out too often, when it does it gets vandalised!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh i get it now shame they were a prob Mike but glad you have it sorted now!

Do you mind me asking how much it was for the doors? (new ones that is)
I paid ?120 for the pair. The doors also came with the electric mirrors, and window glass. Sold the mirrors on, and passenger side door glass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts