Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow 4'ers it's been a while as my old golf was sold and i fell into the e46 325 straight 6 beemer trap. I then got rid of that and bought a MONDEO tdci 130 (6) speed but i just swapped it for a.....wait for it...............................................................................YES another v5 but 5 door this time (more practical for a family of 5). She needs some (lots) of tlc and restoration i.e. there's a 20p size dint in passenger door a tiny scrape to n/s/rear arch and the o/s/f wing near arch has a small dint (may push out though that 1) and finally the bonnet is screwed its full of chips and dints and RUST!!!! The wheels need something doing with em and theres a £5 note sized hole in the roof lining (idiots)but other than these niggles she's covered 95k and is 10 years old (y) so expected really by not so proud previous owners!!!!!

On the plus side she's got a FULL milltek stainless system, a k+n cone filter, and has had some (not know make) fast road cams in her heart. This car is a lot lot quicker than my old v5 and still she purrs (sometimes growls lol) like a kitty kat cat. Apparently she's running around 200-210 bhp and the way she progresses, i would not doubt.

Anyway i have a replacement roof lining coming and a few other bits already, (only had her 2 days lol) so will keep you all posted here on my progress.

SO PROUD TO BE BACK

Oh will post a few piccies up too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank's everyone. She will get there eventually!! What with the credit crunch and a £4k holiday to pay for, the mrs isnt letting me be as loose with the purse strings as i want to be lol. Also done the roof lining and a,b,c posts etc satin black. Will post pics up shortly [:)]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rOcK_oN yeah she roars with all the gizmo's on her milltek de-cat and resonated mid/rear cone filter and fast road cams with remap she pushes approx 210 ponies but the fuel does suffer lol. I'm changing the filter to a cold air induction though for better breathing and more "grunt". She sure puts a smile on my face i hardly ever have music on lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
few more pics, getting more detailed now! buffed and polished. Heko wind deflectors fitted and just been treated to a "expensive" port n polish and few more tweaks. All throttle body been cleaned etc and the valves have been re adjusted/positioned for the fast road cams fitted. Will get dyno'd at a later stage but is said to be pusing a good 225-235 ponies and the best thing about it is the torque gain (she spins up in 3rd gear from 2nd [:D] [H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome back! [:)]

Looking fantastic so far - I especially like the chrome/silver door handle with chrome wheel lip combo!

Might I kindly suggest the MK5/Polo aero rear wiper for a clearner look at the back? Something so insignificant can make so much difference as I have learnt.

But do avoid paying over the odds for one as they seem to go on eBay nowadays. They can definitely be had for cheaper...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts