Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anybody know the meaning of a B041F fault code cant find anything about it, trying to start a seat toledo 2.3 v5 agz engine starts but then cuts out straightaway it will rev once and then die? Its been stood for a very long time too any help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went and tried the car again after work, I cant hear the fuel pump prime, im getting no voltage at the fuel pump fuse 28, I am getting a cranking voltage at the fuse though, fuel pump relay clicks on and as soon as the car cuts off it clicks off, theres battery voltage at terminal 30 and earth at 31, I havent jumped pins 30 and 87 yet might have to try that next, car starts and then shuts off, it will rev if I hold the throttle down on start up any press of the throttle after that does nothing it dies, car sounds better when I dont press the throttle, I tap the throttle quick when started it bogs and dies out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right I managed to get the car started, the immo light and engine management light go out as normal so dont think its an immo problem, when the fuel pump relay is removed an replaced fuel pump primes with door open, shut the door remove an replace relay an turn key on fuel pump primes, so wired a live feed to the fuel pump fuse an pump runs and engine starts fine, with the relay plugged in with no wire to fuse I can feel the relay clicking open which was then instantly stalling the car, I knew it was fuel problem as for the brief seconds it starts it sounds fine, I now need to kno for sure if its the relay thats the problem or a circuit that controls it, I have permanent live at terminal 30 ignition live at 15 and earth at 31 like I should, theres also tk mot and c, I know one is the airbag module and one is from the door switch but what actually switches this relay on is it crank signal etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi does anybody know the meaning of a B041F fault code cant find anything about it, trying to start a seat toledo 2.3 v5 agz engine starts but then cuts out straightaway it will rev once and then die? Its been stood for a very long time too any help?
Hi there I have the exact same code on mine what could you find? My vehicles does the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.