Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Sounds a tad lovely that...[:D]

There is a Latvian CSL having the SC treatment at CA Automotive but not sure if its the same one.

I need to figure out how he gets his live speed on the digital read out....

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Impressive whats it pushing out?

Remember seeing a turboed e36 pushing 1100bhp from the old iron blocks
Don't know what the posted one, my guess would be circa 480BHP. This one is putting out 550BHP. Video. The S54 engine is amazing its already very highly strung and yet they seem to be able to get more and more power out of it...tech specs on it are seriously impressive

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Stunning cars, itd be the first thing id bolt on if i owned an M3. or even a 330

Adding a supercharge to that engine will add about 100bhp. Autotecknics favour the superchargers as seen in the BMW mags.

I went out in a standard M3 today for a nice drive in the wet, jesus H , they are lively....and to be honest they are not a car to be driven slow...you always have to get the rasp out of the exhaust. You find the DSC dosnt kick in until you are going sideways.

Id have no license if i owned one.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Dinan BMW make an intercooled supercharger conversion for the M3 and quote 462bhp using US fuel. Should be good for a bit more on 99 Octane.

Dinan are BMW recognised parts in the States, a bit like AC Schnitzer are here. I know Birds in Uxbridge potentially have a Dinan conversion in the offing.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Dinan BMW make an intercooled supercharger conversion for the M3 and quote 462bhp using US fuel. Should be good for a bit more on 99 Octane.

Dinan are BMW recognised parts in the States, a bit like AC Schnitzer are here. I know Birds in Uxbridge potentially have a Dinan conversion in the offing.
Regarded pretty much as one of the best and take a long time to develop, but very expensive. I think their M3 Turbo set up is about $26,000 USD, but then it includes so much more than just a turbo. Dinan play with every aspect of the car from suspension, brakes, camber, ride height, lighter wheels etc to improve it...interestingly they found a straight through exhaust is more efficient than the quad pipe set up, but you can't sell an M3 Exhaust thats not quad pipe, so on their system the right hand pair are dummies!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Aha. I was told this conversion (engine alone) was $15,000USD. Which must be within the budget of a few M3 owners....
Looking at the site they have a bewildering number of options...looks like their stuff starts at $8,000 rising to about $40,000 depending on the level of tune etc.

Quite a few SCd M3s about now especially in the US

1 - 17 of 17 Posts