Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relates to the main Awesome RR Day Thread

For the southern boys going up north, to save cluttering the main thread up, cruise and stuff to be sorted out here.

Thus far the people:

CkB (Chris)
Bora Tom (er - Tom!)
RS GOLF (Kev) with tylerama (Dan)
Goldk28618 (Aaron)
Nosaj (Jason)
Viperpsych (Tinkerbell)
cmdrfire (Neo)
ReflexTDI (James)
Cage

Walkie Talkie Count:

CkB x 2 (EU)
cage x 2 (EU)
goldk x 2 (EU)
B/Tom x 1 (EU)
t'ama x 1 (EU)
cmdr x 2 (EU)

1 x 2way spare.

The plan:

05:00 - 05:10 - Dan (T'rama) Meet Kev at *** so he can leave
his car with *** so they can look after his car for him.

05:20 - Meeting Point at Esso/Renault Garage for CkB, Cmdrfire and Kev and Dan

05:35 - Meet Nosaj and Viper Dan on the M25 - Junction 28 - We'll call you guys and do a go slow so you can catch up.

06:00 - Meet up at South Mimms with everyone else from N London / The West and chat ...[;)]

06:10 - Hopefully we'll leave at this time

08:15 - (approx) Stafford Services - meet the SW cruisers, and do the final leg work to Awesome

09:00 - hopefully earlier - arrive at Awesome

The Route:

M25
M1
M6 (via toll road)
A57 eastbound (At M6 J21).

If I've missed anyone shout, sorry for those of you whose names I have no idea of [:$]

Arrangements will no doubt appear here over the next couple of weeks (that cool with you Kev??). Suggestions and thoughts just shove 'em up.

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I'll be bringing tom's other walkie talkie that I forgot to give back to him at the end of the brighton do... Sorry mate [:$] I turned it on at the weekend and it still worked [Y]

EDIT : And i'll be on photo / video duty too. Kev.. bring ya video cam and i'll do some cruise videos [:D][Y]

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'll bring my walkies with me and I'll let you guys fight over who gets the other one!![:)][Y]

So thats 1 extra for those who don't have . . .

What time are we thinking of meeting and were are we going to meet?!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I'll bring my walkies with me and I'll let you guys fight over who gets the other one!![:)][Y]

Issa gonna be early yes ! think i'm meetin kev at summit like 4:45 am [:O][|-)]

How about south mimms.. that's fairly easy to get to, is it not ? and on the way towards the M1 ! [H]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably roll down and meet you/kev and possibly cmdrfire at Bluewater. We can roll round to S Mimms and meet the rest (jason/tom/tink/etc) all round there and go up from there??

If Kev doesn't appear this afternoon I'll try and get hold of him and see what he says.

Jason - make some noise as well mate [:)]

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably roll down and meet you/kev and possibly cmdrfire at Bluewater. We can roll round to S Mimms and meet the rest (jason/tom/tink/etc) all round there and go up from there??

If Kev doesn't appear this afternoon I'll try and get hold of him and see what he says.

C
That is [Y] and [H] with me [:)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still not convinced that aiming for 9am is a good idea however, and we'd do better rolling in for 10 - that hour could make all the difference to safety for people getting home later. However, I'll work with the majority of course [:)]

Oh and if someone reminds me nearer the time, I'll put a crate of redbull and several lemonades in the back of the car [;)]

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
just seen that we arer banished to another thread for the cruise

how much noise ya want chris...........lol

i need a radio if theres one going spare ...............[:D]

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably roll
down and meet you/kev and possibly cmdrfire at Bluewater. We can
roll round to S Mimms and meet the rest (jason/tom/tink/etc) all round
there and go up from there??

C
I can be at Bluewater, just let me know the time.

Also, should I bring the yankee radios or should I find myself a UK comms one?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Issa gonna be early yes ! think i'm meetin kev at summit like 4:45 am [:O][|-)]

How about south mimms.. that's fairly easy to get to, is it not ? and on the way towards the M1 ! [H]

Wouldn't the M40 be better than the M1 to get to Warrington?

The M1 tends to get quite bogged down, the M40 is more free flowing! Maybe it's just my personal preference wheh heading to the North West I guess

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boo hoo I was gonna slap that one on the table and surprise everyone once they started talking about that [;)]

That is my preference though, even tho the rozzas are worse on that than they are on the M1, but I just hate the M1, the 40 is normally clearer faster and a smoother run, as long as the 42 isn't buggered at the top!

C

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm still not convinced that aiming for 9am is a good idea however, and we'd do better rolling in for 10 - that hour could make all the difference to safety for people getting home later. However, I'll work with the majority of course [:)]
I'm not to sure what time to leave yet.... I was hoping to get there for 9:00am so we can see all the cars going on the rollers..... as it would be a shame to travel this long distance to miss some of the cars.

I would assume that the traffic would be very quiet if we plan to leave the Kent area at 5:00 [:(] and meet the remaining people at South Mimms for (no later than) 6:00am.

The AA route master has mentioned it will take about 3 and a half hours to get there from South Mimms via the M1/ M6, so that should get us there for around 9:00 - 10:00 am

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp?showMap=true#map

Would it make a difference if we were to travel via the M40 at that time in the morning?

I would think that on the way home it would be better to go via the M40 as there will be more people on the roads than in the morning.

How much are are the tolls on the M6?

Could everyone please give me their opinions on times they want to meet up on the Saturday morning... so we can try and get a plan that everyone is happy with...

Could everyone that owns English Walkie Talkies (that leaves me out then) please post how many you have, so we can work out how many Talkies we all have in total, so we can make sure that everyone has one for the drive up there.

Thanks

Kev..

P.s - How many people will be travelling with Sat Nav in the cars?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I'm not to sure what time to leave yet.... I was hoping to get there for 9:00am so we can see all the cars going on the rollers..... as it would be a shame to travel this long distance to miss some of the cars.

I would assume that the traffic would be very quiet if we plan to leave the Kent area at 5:00 [:(] and meet the remaining people at South Mimms for (no later than) 6:00am.

The AA route master has mentioned it will take about 3 and a half hours to get there from South Mimms via the M1/ M6, so that should get us there for around 9:00 - 10:00 am

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp?showMap=true#map

Would it make a difference if we were to travel via the M40 at that time in the morning?

I would think that on the way home it would be better to go via the M40 as there will be more people on the roads than in the morning.

How much are are the tolls on the M6?

Could everyone please give me their opinions on times they want to meet up on the Saturday morning... so we can try and get a plan that everyone is happy with...

Could everyone that owns English Walkie Talkies (that leaves me out then) please post how many you have, so we can work out how many Talkies we all have in total, so we can make sure that everyone has one for the drive up there.

Thanks

Kev..

I'll have bora tom's other walkine talkie though dunno if it will be still charged by then. I will bring my tomtom with me Kev, though I think you have the vw nav fitted ? If I get to your parents place by 4:45am ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm still not convinced that
aiming for 9am is a good idea however, and we'd do better rolling in
for 10 - that hour could make all the difference to safety for people
getting home later. However, I'll work with the majority of course [:)]
I'm not to sure what time to leave yet.... I was hoping to get there
for 9:00am so we can see all the cars going on the rollers..... as it
would be a shame to travel this long distance to miss some of the cars.

I would assume that the traffic would be very quiet if we plan to
leave the Kent area at 5:00 [:(] and meet the remaining people at South
Mimms for (no later than) 6:00am.

Could everyone that owns
English Walkie Talkies (that leaves me out then) please
post how many you have, so we can work out how many Talkies
we all have in total, so we can make sure that everyone has one
for the drive up there.

Thanks

Kev..

0500 won't be a problem, I'll make sure I've got plenty of Red Bull in the car [;)] I've got the VW Satnav in my car (was very useful in Paris!).

I should be able to sort out a pair of UK walkie talkies but nothing confirmed yet - got to find them!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Dan it should be fine, they were brand new batteries in it before brighton, it only takes boggo AAA's any way. hopefully I'll be seeing you guys for the cruise, if not I might have to blag a lift off someone

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'll have bora tom's other walkine talkie though dunno if it will be still charged by then. I will bring my tomtom with me Kev, though I think you have the vw nav fitted ? If I get to your parents place by 4:45am ?
Dan.. looks like you will be leaving the earliest to meet me...What time will you be leaving home?

If it is OK bring Bora Tom's talkie and we will try and get another just in case it is running low on power.

Yes I have the Sat Nav fitted in my car and hopefully I'll have my DVD player fitted also by then to keep my guess in the car entertained.....LOL...LOL...LOL. [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
0500 won't be a problem,
Great news cheers mate... hopefully 05:00 at Bluewater or possiblly Esso garage/Renault (old Audi) dealer in Dartford

I'll make sure I've got plenty of Red Bull in the car [;)]
LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...

I've got the VW Satnav in my car (was very useful in Paris!).
I should be able to sort out a pair of UK walkie talkies but nothing confirmed yet - got to find them!
Great news if you can find the talkies... and good news that you have Sat Nav just incase people get split from the convoy.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Dan it should be fine, they were brand new batteries in it before brighton, it only takes boggo AAA's any way. hopefully I'll be seeing you guys for the cruise, if not I might have to blag a lift off someone
If you don't get your car completed... I'm sure Viper Dan, CkB or Jason will take you... I would offer, but I'm taking Dan.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts