Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought i would post my experience i had today with West London Volkswagen on the Great West Road. Having dealt with a number of different parts desks in the past (Peugeot, SEAT, Honda) i have never really had a problem and all my experiances have been good ones.

I pop to VW parts desk and ask the young gent on the desk to price me up a drive shaft, give him my VIN and all is good, gives me a price off £275 odd, then mentiones i will get some money back if i return my old drive shaft, he wasnt sure how much so went to get another (arrogant) man to help, after about 5 mins clicking here and there he tells me the drive shaft is £343 plus the surcharge will make it £489.... where he got these prices from i dont know as they weren't what i had been told

I then kindly ask him what part number he's got and he says he wont tell me, how am i meant to check its the correct part if he wont tell me what the bloody part number is? I told him i want to make sure its the correct one and then he tries to play games with me by asking me to tell him the part number i have got and hiding the screen from me...what a JOKE. I told him where to stick it and left

Just my experiance, not helpfull at all and just rude, wont be going back there!

Jose

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've come across the "you're not having the part number" type thing before - at Martins in Basingstoke.

His reasoning for it was that once I had the correct part number I'd go elsewhere and get the part somewhere else cheaper! He had a point...I did but driven by their poor attitude!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've come across the "you're not having the part number" type thing before - at Martins in Basingstoke.

His reasoning for it was that once I had the correct part number I'd go elsewhere and get the part somewhere else cheaper! He had a point...I did but driven by their poor attitude!
x2, had the same at Martins basingstoke. All for a front bumpstrip [:mad:]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts