Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully going to be ordering my new GTI this week and curious to know what peopleare getting mpg wise. Have read reviews etc but wondered about real life figures!

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
This all depends on your driving,the roads you use, do you spend alot of time in traffic? are you only a short way from your work ?so many things,as for me 4 miles from work so yes short journeys a bit of traffic when entering the city of Cambridge,and a few longer journeys in the week 32mpg.But this is after 9100miles before that it was less 28mpg,they do get better the more miles they do...

The GTI is a good all round package, cheep to run low insurance and comfortable...........

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, the general opinion seems to be it's good as an all rounded which makes me happy. The run to work will be about 12 miles each way with a nice run through Windsor Great Park so should be fun :)

Going to see finance chap at the dealer tomorrow night to bash out a deal. Going to cost a fortune but well worth it from what I've read!

Got to decide colour now, down to Black or the dark grey.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is what I wasn't too sure of (coming from having 3 diesel cars previously). I drive around 6 miles to work (round trip) each weekday, and sometimes go off shopping (which takes me through mid wales and nice welsh a roads) every 2 or 3 weeks covering about 150 miles round trip.

Would I notice a HUGE difference moving from diesel to the GTi?

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is what I wasn't too sure of (coming from having 3 diesel cars previously). I drive around 6 miles to work (round trip) each weekday, and sometimes go off shopping (which takes me through mid wales and nice welsh a roads) every 2 or 3 weeks covering about 150 miles round trip.

Would I notice a HUGE difference moving from diesel to the GTi?

Cheers,

Rob
I think,like myself you'll notice the 120 miles less per tankfull you get from the GTi,but it doesn't seam to matter, as the GTi more than makes up for it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Of cause you will notice the difference 200 miles per tank is a big gap,this is what I found from the GT TDI 140 to the GTI....But the GTI is

worth it at times............."you pays your money".............The choice is all yours,,,,,,,,,,,,Enjoy......[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
FPW, not sure if your aware of this forum ... www.ffoc.co.uk but people on their are always on the lookout for Focus TDCi Sports, with regards to miles per tank, 150 per tank isn't that much if you only fill up once a month, but if you cover a lot of miles say 16k upwards you might notice the difference. If I did less than 18k i'd certainly consider the GTi

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Oxford,

What was the exact breakdown of the deal you got from them?

I got the following quote from them:

Make & Model<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place> List Price|<o:p></o:p>

Euro Imports Price|<o:p></o:p>

Saving<o:p></o:p>

Volkswagen GOLF HATCHBACK GTI 5 DOOR 2.0T 200PS 6 SPD MANUAL<o:p></o:p>

?20,835.00|<o:p></o:p>

?18,685.86|<o:p></o:p>

?2,149.14<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Colour<o:p></o:p>

Tornado Red (G2)<o:p></o:p>

Interior<o:p></o:p>

GTI 'Interlagos' cloth (RZ)<o:p></o:p>

Details of Optional Extras<o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place> List Price|<o:p></o:p>

Euro Imports Price|<o:p></o:p>

Saving<o:p></o:p>

Front centre armrest, with storage compartment, two rear air vents and cup holders (option for S, SE, Sport, GT & GTI models) <o:p></o:p>

?115.00| <o:p></o:p>

?123.32| <o:p></o:p>

-?8.32 <o:p></o:p>

Radio System RCD 500 Including dash-mounted 6CD autochanger (option for SE,Sport, GT,GTI & R32) <o:p></o:p>

?275.00| <o:p></o:p>

?251.14| <o:p></o:p>

?23.86 <o:p></o:p>

Multifunction computer-Highline (option for SE,Sport, GT,GTI & R32 manual version only) <o:p></o:p>

?45.00| <o:p></o:p>

?38.00| <o:p></o:p>

?7.00 <o:p></o:p>

Cruise control (option for S, Sport, GT FSI & GT TDI,GTI & R32) * <o:p></o:p>

?270.00| <o:p></o:p>

?0.00| <o:p></o:p>

?270.00 <o:p></o:p>

Winter pack-Heated front seats, heated windscreen washer jets, low washer fluid warning light and headlight washers (option for S, SE, Sport, GT & GTI models) <o:p></o:p>

?320.00| <o:p></o:p>

?278.16| <o:p></o:p>

?41.84 <o:p></o:p>

Total<o:p></o:p>

?21,860.00|<o:p></o:p>

?19,376.48|<o:p></o:p>

?2,483.52<o:p></o:p>

Isn't the above price a little bit expensive than it should be?!

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
737 Posts
These fuel economy figures seem very good; I guess it shows the advantage of  FSI technology. In my 1.8T/180, I get an average 27mpg based on normal driving(@25% stop-start, 25% at 30-40 and 50% at 60-70mph). Previous 1.8T/150 managed 28mpg and even 150TDI only managed 42mpg.   

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SteveTDCI, yeah I'm a member over there as well. Just posted it up there. Only issue with private sale is it's not going to be available for while. Will probably agree a part-ex price (which I've had already) and try and agree with the dealer to let me pull out if I sell privatley.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen euroimports and not wanting to bring the whole import/not import thread up again I think I'd prefer having a dealer ordered one. Comes from bad experience with an import 172, but that was a Renault I suppose I deserved it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi VW-GTI, doesn't the overall mpg figure reset every 2500 miles? I'm getting a similar overall Mpg of around 30.

fpw - i quoted on one of these forums recently that I got 36.8mpg on my 12 mile trip to work, with very stop-start traffic, but I was taking it easy, not exactly teasing the petrol out or anything, just not blatting it anywhere. On a fun trip home I typically get around 28mpg. :)

Send me a p.m. if you want to meet up when you've got yours. I've had my Steel Grey (dark grey) for nearly a year now, and loving it still. I'm down in Lower Earley, so just the other end of the A329M. Bought it from Ridgeway, Reading. Attended one Tyresmoke.net meet near Brighton, but not ventured out with uk-mkivs yet.

I don't really regret the steel grey choice, but the candy white sure looks good, as does the laser blue. Tornado red is gr8, but doesn't show off the red lip on the grill as well as other colours. I've had bad experiences with very dark colours showing scratches and the dirt, so advise steering clear of black, IMHO.

Congrats to the Royals!

Cheers, Chalky

1 - 20 of 22 Posts