Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but i just cant hide me delight at grabbing best MKIV Golf of the show @ Edition 38 on sunday. I wanted to win something this year at any show, but to get 1st place at Edition 38 is something im VERY proud of and will remember for a long time. The other MK4's on show were STUNNING and i feel like i dont really deserve 1st place. I polsihed and detailed for hours on saturday and sunday really really hard. Going to extremes too. Cotton buds were used to detail in those hard to clean places and even cleaning inside the tread of my tyres. Walking round and inspecting the other MK4's in my class i just knew it was going to be tough. All the hard work and time makes it all worth while in the end. I got on stage on the saturday and was interviewed up there with the car which was scarey! I felt quite nervous, but it was over in a flash. Here she is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Congratulations Mike, and don't be so modest, it's one hell of a cracking car and you DO put a lot of effort into it, so IMO you deserved to win! [<:eek:)]

Top job lad! [Y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Mike, thats really good news after your dissapointment with the judging at Tatton Park.

Any clearer pictures of just you and your car on the winners stand?

Really chuffed for you mate [:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the comments. still in shock. haha. i will be glad when show season is over, i need a break!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
really chufed for you mike.well done.!!!

what you got planed for next year then,so that you stay one step ahead of the rest !!!???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
really chufed for you mike.well done.!!!

what you got planed for next year then,so that you stay one step ahead of the rest !!!???
Thanks Jase.

Ive got 1 crazy thing lined up. Cant say. Ive not seen it done yet lets put it that way (on a MK4 anyway). Got a few little touches to do yet too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
May I say well done too.........that's alot of dedication Mike - your win looked deserved.

Oh, and on that last pic - is that an elm or oak tree in the background........haha

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Well done Mike, your car looks brilliant. To win best mk4 at edition38 is pretty special.

Great to see a fellow mkiv doing so well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts