Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
V6 4Motion
953 Posts
As part of the the deal when buying our car we negotiated Lifeshine into the deal. I am really impressed with how easy it is to clean - just a wash and chamois and the shine comes back with water beading really nicely. I have read the the Lifeshine product is designed to be used with the Super Resin Polish (SRP) and Extra Gloss Protection. I tested the SRP on the bonnet the other day and it made no difference to the shine - although having read about polishing in this forum since then I think I'll go with the extra gloss protection and only use the polish sparingly in future. Not sure I'd ever pay retail for the treatment though !

· Registered
V6 4Motion
953 Posts
That's a relief - I was quite concerned that SRP would remove the treatment after prolonged use which is why I was pleased I had only used it once.

I have not used bug/tar remover or anything else that might contain solvents as I knew that would remove the sealant and I only use enough shampoo to lubricate the sponge. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can give the Extra Gloss Protection a go and hopefully it'll give a nice wet look shine.

· Registered
V6 4Motion
953 Posts
I was thinking as much, cheers for the info !

The P21S Carnuba seems to be popular here so I might go for some of that - although I think I'll have to make use of good old elbow grease intead of power tools for the time being [:D]

/edit as just demonstrated by Jace while I was replying (and working at the same time ! !)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.