Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question for anyone who thinks autoglym is a good product.while working at the Classic car show at the NEC last weekend this incident happened.on the friday we were asked by the owner of an old bentley to detail his car which we said we would do while it was on the stand for classic car.i started on the saturday morning polishing the aluminium mud guard making it look really nice and shiney.when suddenly i was told by autoglym i cannot clean the car due to the stand was being sponsered by them.this car was in a right mess and needed cleaning .i offered to do half the car with Mothers products and autoglym could clean the other half so the public could see which was the best product they refused the challenge.they then left the car and never bothered to clean it.fortunatly Jaguar do not have such a small minded view so i ended up polishing the polished aluminium body jag xjr one of only two in the world.the great part of the show was when i was cleaning the car i was told on many occasions by members of the public and members of the jaguar team they had never seen the car look so good and this was from people who have seen this car at the motor shows before.

i pose the question what has autoglym got to hide why not pick up the guantlet and show how good your products are .as we are ready to show anyone how good Mothers is[:D]

·
Registered
424 Posts
It seems to me the a/glym are stuck in the 80's with there product range....I have made several comments to autoglym about bring out new products to keep up with the market, and there response is "we are constantly updating our product compositions, to create more dynamic results"...Huuuummmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Tell someone who cares will you?

And what's your point? Would BMW have a MKV GTI at a BMW stand at a car show????

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dunno if im barking up the wrong tree, but i thought this section was for detailing/car cleaning.....

So if someone wants to post information regarding a leading u.k chemical manafacturer(spelling) then they are surley entitled to do so... Just because some people are not bothered or have no interest in this doesnt mean others are'nt.....

golfv64mo...irish...s1r ss..

If you are not interested and cannot make constructive comments, then dont.. But let those who are continue to please...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well I am booked in for an AutoGlym Lifeshine...and this has not deterred me.

Curiously nobody seems to mention whether they are using high street products or those available to commercial valets only.

Still I suppose Jaguar are on an economy drive at the moment and are always willing to cut costs where possible so a free valet never goes a miss. Next you'll be claiming to have polished Prince Williams MKIV Golf and start claiming by royal appointment...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Bigburd, how much you paying for the lifeshine?????

The majority of Autoglym products are avalible to both the professional and the consumer, although the consumer stuff is sometimes renamed if that makes sence???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Don't like to disclose costs on here ... since Autoglym may get upset at what I am paying ... besides the valeter comes with excellent word of mouth references.

Squky you seem very clued up on the whole valeting business...maybe you could advise me which Autoglym products are rebadged for the consumer and which are trade only...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Be sure you're warrenty is stamped by an AUTHORISED user, and be sure to check with a/glym hq that you're warrenty has made it on there system..

Shall reinterprit the trade chemicals 2morrow...

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
913 Posts
As part of the the deal when buying our car we negotiated Lifeshine into the deal. I am really impressed with how easy it is to clean - just a wash and chamois and the shine comes back with water beading really nicely. I have read the the Lifeshine product is designed to be used with the Super Resin Polish (SRP) and Extra Gloss Protection. I tested the SRP on the bonnet the other day and it made no difference to the shine - although having read about polishing in this forum since then I think I'll go with the extra gloss protection and only use the polish sparingly in future. Not sure I'd ever pay retail for the treatment though !

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by Neutron on 04/11/2004 09:53:20

I have read the the Lifeshine product is designed to be used with the Super Resin Polish (SRP) and Extra Gloss Protection.

Would SRP being a polish not remove your Lifeshine?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Would SRP being a polish not remove your Lifeshine?

IN A WORD NNNNOOOOOOOOOO..... Its an aminofunctional sealant,which bonds to the paintwork....However claybar will remove it,as will solvent based products.

·
Registered
V6 4Motion
913 Posts
That's a relief - I was quite concerned that SRP would remove the treatment after prolonged use which is why I was pleased I had only used it once.

I have not used bug/tar remover or anything else that might contain solvents as I knew that would remove the sealant and I only use enough shampoo to lubricate the sponge. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can give the Extra Gloss Protection a go and hopefully it'll give a nice wet look shine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts