Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I am writing a good review about an AutoGlym product [:O]

AutoGloss Rinse is a "trade" only product & is designed too keep cars looking good when detailing is at a minimal, ie: sat on the forcourt / Hire cars

The effect it has when used is like the car has been washed & quick detailed, when in reality, its just been washed as normal, which makes it ideal for winter use, when you dont want to be out side long or the weather wont allow you to be [:|]

Its quite strong stuff & has to be mixed 1/100 water, so in my 1.5ltr spray bottle I added just 15ml .

I washed the car as normal with a mix NXT / ZYMOL shampoo, no reason, its just what I had left all poured in to one.

Then I hosed the shampoo off as normal ,& then sprayed the car in the AutoGloss Rinse, which I then hosed off with an open hose, the AGR acts like a water displacer, so water left on the car is minimal.

As you can see, I achieved a high gloss "Just Detailed" finish with minimal imput, all I did was just Blade & leather the little water which was left standing off the car.

For those interested, I have enough to do a small 250ml sample bottle group buy, from this amout you'll get 250ltrs worth of AGR mix, which is quite a few washes. I'll post up details as & when I have the postage & other costs sorted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

& Heres one of her car, which gets just a wash normaly

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

AutoGloss Rinse is a "trade" only product & is designed too keep cars looking good when detailing is at a minimal, ie: sat on the forcourt / Hire cars

The effect it has when used is like the car has been washed & quick detailed, when in reality, its just been washed as normal, which makes it ideal for winter use, when you dont want to be out side long or the weather wont allow you to be [:|]

Its quite strong stuff & has to be mixed 1/100 water, so in my 1.5ltr spray bottle I added just 15ml .

I washed the car as normal with a mix NXT / ZYMOL shampoo, no reason, its just what I had left all poured in to one.

Then I hosed the shampoo off as normal ,& then sprayed the car in the AutoGloss Rinse, which I then hosed off with an open hose, the AGR acts like a water displacer, so water left on the car is minimal.

As you can see, I achieved a high gloss "Just Detailed" finish with minimal imput, all I did was just Blade & leather the little water which was left standing off the car.

For those interested, I have enough to do a small 250ml sample bottle group buy, from this amout you'll get 250ltrs worth of AGR mix, which is quite a few washes. I'll post up details as & when I have the postage & other costs sorted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

& Heres one of her car, which gets just a wash normaly

Posted Image
Good review J ! A first for you with the autoglym eh [:p][;)]

·
Registered
233 Posts

snip
After reading your article, I dug out my bottle of Turtlewax Rinse magic (poundshop) and purchsed a plant spayer , washed with AG shampoo then rinsed then applied the the TWRMagic, I agree the effect was grand and I had to pop out to Lichfield in the evening, indeed the water was in beads on the car as if it had just been waxed and 'fell' off as I drove up the road, the wipers cleaned in one easy wipe, well impressed, unable to post pics [:'(] , looked on ebay and it seems this stuff is available to the public in the form of caravan rinse. Thanks for the tips though...

Anyone know why AG autorinse or TW rinse magic is not available to Joe Public?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know why AG autorinse or TW rinse magic is not available to Joe Public?

I guess some products are only available to the trade or those privileged [:D]

If you want some AGR, why not jump on board my Group Buy for a sample bottle, theres enough mixture to cover 250ltrs worth of spray bottle refills, which is a lot of washes.

Heres a link to the GB [Y]

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/417886/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must have been trying Jedi Mind tricks on me last night.

I was reading the lastest issue of CAR, & reading it I came across the AQUA GLEAM & IONIC RINSE adds, & thought the same.

Shame neither take Paypal, I've a wedge in there waiting to be spent...

............................cant resist........must use..........the credit card.....arghhhhhhh

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Ironically I found that by doing a Google for Auto Gloss after reading your post about that (but I mis-read your post as Aqua Gloss...) [:|]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hope it lasts - esp at 100:1!!! Off to B&Q to get a 5L pressurised
sprayer.... Looking forward to using this stuff, hope I get smthg close
to the pics that jace put up.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what happens with this stuff once you do a fresh detailing session on it, clay, polish, wax........do you have to reapply? or?
Yes chap, just use it when you wash her & it will A.make it a lot easier to dry, due its water displacing, B. The wax will go down a lot easier.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You dont have to use it every wash, I've just started to use it all the time because of its water displacing values, makes drying a whole lot easier to do.

If your just washing & not going to apply any new materials, then I'd say use it, it will give the car a "freshly Quick Detailed" look in my experiance

·
Registered
83 Posts
Going to wash the car later this morning and try this stuff out. I take it you are not meant to use on the windows though?

Thanks again Jace, for excellent service [Y]

·
Registered
83 Posts
why cant you use it on the windows?

it can only help the water fall off them!
I just wanted to check in case it smeared. I did use it on my windows and it did smear at first but a quick buff with a microfibre cloth soon sorted it out. [Y]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dont worry about the windows, its fine for all over, just do as Henry Cooper used to say "Splash it all over"

My dad even uses it in his wheel arches [:S] to allow the water to run off faster, mmm, each to their own .

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well it is about time I poste here really.

Firsty an appolgy to Jace for taking so long!

Anyway, I have been using this product for the last few weeks or so, and quite franky I am really very impressed. It reduces cleaning time by a hell of a lot for a start as you only require minimal flexing or leather to get the loose water off! and spraying it on is no hardship.

The only way I can describe the effect is like the repellant effect that a brand new car has, they are always so easy to clean and rise and the water seems to run off it much quicker. My car has done almost 140,000 miles now while the paint is pretty good it is showing signs of wear, its coming up to 6-7 years of age now so it can be expected to not be so great. The result of this is that water almost sticks to the paint with ease, this can only really be reduced through waxing, but as we know the results of wax do not last forever! This product creates what looks like a film over the paint which really repells water and gives it a deep shine at the same time. You dont even need to leather or flex the car if your in a real hurry.

The real test will be in the summer where water dries on paint so quickly, I am confident that it will work very well.

It can be frustrating to get inferior results with just shampoo and this really makes the results a hell of a lot better. I am using a slightly stronger mix at this time of year as my waxing shedule is lacking, however it will be a great prewax product with the spring hits.

So in short, its bloody great and my cleaning will always contain this process from now on! I tried it on my sisters A3 and the results were directly replicated.

Thanks Jace, I really mean it :)

Ox

1 - 20 of 25 Posts