Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to fit an autodimming rear view mirror.....

What parts do I need, and how do I fit it? Is it a straight swap or do I need to do any complex wiring/changes? Is the wiring already in the headliner or not?

Also do all autodimming rear view mirrors have the rain sensors for the wipers built into them or not?

Many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,
I?ve got a V6 4-Mo which has both auto mirror & rain sensor. The rain sensor is on the reverse of the mirror stuck against the windscreen. When I had a new windscreen it took a while to get the correct one as its different from a regular Golf. There?s a clear circular area where the sensor picks up any moisture on the glass surface at the top of the windscreen.
I must say after 4.5 years with the 4-Mo the mirror and wipers sensors are terrific... much, much better than the crap 206GTi I owned previously.

Hope this helps,

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Hi Ive got a pdf on my other computer , on what parts you need to fit this and how to fit it as well, youll be surprised at how few connections you need!., just pm me.

Zak

·
Registered
333 Posts
PM Sent.......

As for the windscreen....I had to replace mine about a year ago and there doesnt seem to be any black coating near the rear view mirror at all.....does this mean I wouldnt have to change the screen?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Hi , Sorry for the late reply, but ive sent a pdf to those of you who have PM,ed me!.,

hope it goes well!!!!

Zak

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I'll be fitting it in about a month.
Easy install and I have all the parts already.
Baz

·
Registered
190 Posts
They go through the mount, up a little tube to the head lining,through into the sunroof control, then across to the door and down the pilar, in put one in mine it's really easy to do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Any chance someone who has the PDF could send it to me too? Zak can't get to his copy at the moment so I was hoping another kindly member might help?!

Please, please, please can someone PM me?!

Thanks!

Adrian.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Nice one Ray, although after reading that i'm not sure i should bother, i don't think it will do an awful lot because of my tints. It was just one of those impulsive purchases that you don't think about until later[:$]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts