Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'hi all this is a question for all you electrics and vag com buffs.
basically i was looking about for little things to do abd came accross a guy putting an RLS (rain and light sensor) on his mk5 jetta. he enabled it via vag com afterward
this got me thinking, 1 is it possible to install this on my mk4 fir the auto lights?
2 is there any way to have is so the head lights switch on when you unlock the car when it is dark via vag com, or would i be making up some kind of 'magic box' full of diodes etc?
thanks'

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is class i'm going to get it!

Follow up question though, anyone know if this (or any other mod) can turn the lights of automatically after i turn the engine off and remove the key?

Cheers!

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you leave it in the auto position you will never need to touch the light switch again! If its dark and you remove the key, the lights will stay on for about 10 seconds and then go off. This is called the coming home function

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
cool idea, did they ever organise a group buy on these? not really looking to spend £60, I'm not that lazy yet!
does the dimmer still work as normal, and does it flash the headlights when you unlock/lock with the indicators?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.