Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the minute i have a cone filter mounted to the maf which is sucking in a lot of hot air.... I want to get a cold air filter but cant really afford £200 for something like a carbonio kit. As I already have the cone filter is there a tube i can get to put between the maf and the cone so the cone is behind the bumper?. I thought i might buy this kit from ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLD-AIR-INDUCTION-INTAKE-1-8T-GOLF-JETTA-GTI-OCTAVIA-/190439519162?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c571473ba and put my pipercross on it.... anybody else used an ebay kit like this or is there somewhere i can get just the pipe?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you mean the ebay one or a cold one in general? if it fits well surely this is a bargain for £49 delivered.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt buy it, it came on the car. If my car came with the standard box I would have probably gone with the panel filter but now if I want to do that i would have to buy an airbox and the pipe that goes to the grille, plus all the bolts and the panel filter on top so would be more expensive than an ebay kit and plus I dont want to lose the roar of the intake and the sound of the dv!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts