Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Bit girly IMO, although it is quite common to see blokes driving them. If you were going to get one I'd go for the hardtop over the soft top so you look less of a poof[:D] Nice cars though[8D]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by vedhead on 26/03/2005 18:38:25

Much better cars in the class imo.

For the same money?

I am looking at spending around ?15000 which will get an Audi TT 225bhp S-line which includes 18" alloys, leather, crusie, climate, xenons etc etc.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by thechief on 26/03/2005 18:58:37

I'd be having me an anni for that cash.

I have had one of those [^]

And an R32... so its time for something a little different. 4 wheel drive coupe seems to hit the nail on the head. I want to stick with VAG and have always liked the TT. Even though it has a stigma attached to it

·
Registered
281 Posts
In all fairness, it is a very nicely designed car, very unique in it's styling. There is nothing that looks quite the same on the roads (perhaps only the beetle a little) and it still manages to draw attention etc despite it being an old(ish) design. If practicality isnt an issue and you are quite happy with the image, it is a cool car. Certainly has a greater instinctive appeal than a Golf.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
How about saving for a Mk5 GTI? could be worth it in the end!

The TTs are great, however they are due a redesign soon and if I were spending that much money I would want something that is going to stay similar for a while.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 26/03/2005 20:25:12

How about saving for a Mk5 GTI? could be worth it in the end!

The TTs are great, however they are due a redesign soon and if I were spending that much money I would want something that is going to stay similar for a while.

The New GTI is top of my shopping list, however, its just not affordable to me at the moment. I have to buy a car on finance and currently the GTI has no discount and no cheap finance deals. Therefore I am after a car to tide me over for 18 months to 2 years, until I know whats happening on the income front.

Driving a MK3 at the moment, and its not really doing it for me [:(]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If the Mk5 is top of your list, it will be worth the wait mate.

Thats what I am doing! - I know what I REALLY want, any anything else will be second best.

as it happens my work situation may be improving sooner than I thought, so I may have one ordered by the summer - however things change!

Keep saving buddy and running that mk3.

Also talk to some VW dealers about ex demo cars, there are some about! I am sure you will get discount if you hasstle them enough.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I had an Avus Silver 225TT with 18" RS4's and I still reckon it was the most stunnng looking car I've owned.

Quick, great inside - but they are just no fun IMO - it grips well but its not a drivers car IMO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most of the people who say they wouldn`t have one have never driven one! My mate had one and it was good! I would have had one but needed the practicality of a hatch so got the S3.

I`d have a 225 TT over a 3.2 TT any day............

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by Carlos on 27/03/2005 11:24:30

225 + a remap and you'll be smiling [:D]

You read my mind [:D][^]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
TT's a lovely car, came VERY close to buying one before I had the mini 18months ago. Thins is I mentioned to a mate I was planning on ordering one and he went out and bought one that was sat in a show room! Fortunatley I hadn't signed on the dotted line...

The tt's still look good now especially with the s-line wheels and the interiors are still fresh. They are cheap to tune and they get reasonably good mpg's I'd say go for it.

J.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Quote: posted by Golfgirl on 26/03/2005 18:36:09

Bit girly IMO, although it is quite common to see blokes driving them. If you were going to get one I'd go for the hardtop over the soft top so you look less of a poof[:D] Nice cars though[8D]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What she said!

ROFPMSL at Golfgirl!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Really wanted one in the early days and considered an LHD 180 in 1999. Since then its become too common on the market. Must say I have a soft spot for black ones, but felt they are a bit uninvolving.

Such a shame that stereotyping effects our car choices [:(]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[legend]

Such a shame that stereotyping effects our car choices [:(]

Wont affect mine, I am gonna get one [8D]

I had a MK1 Golf GTI Cabrio, so I can put up with the stick [:D]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts