Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a little play around in an Audi S4 Quattro. It is my brother in law's who is selling it for a friend. 4.2 Litre V8 344 bhp with over 300 lb or torque. This thing is amazing, the rumble of the engine, the speed you can take around a corner, the sheer luxury, it is beyond words. Has anyone got a spare ?34K ?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yep luverly car, you can't beat the rumble of a V8, the interior is so well put together, and it's so discret, a real Q car.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yep 2 of my mates have them. Ones got the 4 door the other the Avant. Ask your brother in law how long his tyres last though... The Avant needs new tyres after 6K miles...

J.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I got a mate breaking up a '51 plate RS4, you could always put the lump in your golf (real flying machine) :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I followed one up the M6 yesterday.... thought I was doing well to keep up, then he blipped the pedal and I felt like I was going backwards....

What a great sound.... [:)]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quote: posted by marriedblonde on 27/10/2004 21:09:28

Yep 2 of my mates have them. Ones got the 4 door the other the Avant. Ask your brother in law how long his tyres last though... The Avant needs new tyres after 6K miles...

J.

6K bloody hell

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes they are bloody nice cars, i know someone who has an S4 cab with every extra. The in dash TV is mental, has a slot for Memory cards.

Lovely sounding motors too. Pricey though [B)]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Just on the A4 - was in an Audi stealers today, the A4 S line exterior pack is now exactly like the S4 for the last few months of the current model - comes with 18" BBS with Audi centre caps too, looks the complete dogs.

Only live once Milkfloat!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah I was in one recently, really impressed especially with the noise. Reckon I'd try and disable that overspeed warning on the dash though [;)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
I SOOOOOOOO want one of these, if only I could afford one! Its one of my fave cars at the moment. When I make my money, forget the Gti/R32, Im going straight to one of these.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The slightly older style ones are nice too, and are becoming quite cheap now.

Back further still the old Coupe S2's with the blown 5 banger were ace. The original Audi Quattro is very much apparent in the S2 when the exhaust is changed and the throbbing of the engine is unmuffled and set free! My mate has one, and its superfantastic (his word)!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Quote: posted by djhorace on 29/10/2004 16:08:05

The slightly older style ones are nice too, and are becoming quite cheap now.

Back further still the old Coupe S2's with the blown 5 banger were ace. The original Audi Quattro is very much apparent in the S2 when the exhaust is changed and the throbbing of the engine is unmuffled and set free! My mate has one, and its superfantastic (his word)!!

S2 is a great car, friend had one and the p/shaft went - was not cheap to fix!!! S4's can be picked up for peanuts now - a lot of car for the money!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I went to an Audi dealer looking at an Avant - Simply put, the car just oozes quality. The fit and finish is out of this world; puts an M3s interior to shame!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Indeed it's one sweet car...

Shame they are so priced so high in Ireland (mostly due to VRT)...

The B6 S4 forum on Audiworld.com has some nice rides...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
As Irish said, the A4 slines with the GMBH body kit and 18" alloys really look the part... But I am too young for one of those just now ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Without wanting to sound smug [:I]...I've got one! Had it since May and it is much fun! [:D] Managed to get 10k on it so far without changing the tyres. Perhaps I'm not driving it properly...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts