Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Is that the best they could come up with!??

I loved the styling on the old S3, purposeful but not in yer face.... that is just plain bland, and can barely be distinguished from the the 'Sport' A3's!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Definitely have to agree with you there! This one is no way near as good as the old S3!!!! kind of sad really that they couldn't come up with anything better! [:(]

·
Registered
906 Posts
'tis a bit poor. And I HATE that 'birdcage' grill. We can only hope they're saving themselves for the RS3.
i do again with JMcQueen. Think they are saving themselves for the RS3.

The S4 didn't look that great IMO when it first came out. Now most people have the sline kit. The RS4 looks great so fingers crossed for the RS3

·
Registered
927 Posts
Seems surprising the new S3 has a tuned up mk5 gti engine, when the A3 3.2 has the r32's engine

Soundss like the the new s3 engine will go into a 'S' version of audis mini Q7, the Q3 too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yer but its still 265bhp standard which means at least 305bhp chipped! (edit! maybe 3.2 v6 350bhp now) I wish Audi would make up there mind

RS3 is getting 4.2 v8 380bhp! thats what im saving for........

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yer but its still 265bhp standard which means at least 305bhp chipped! (edit! maybe 3.2 v6 350bhp now) I wish Audi would make up there mind

that is one mean engine for a hatchback, same power output as an aston martin v8 in a audi a3, now thats quality . fastest hot hatch ever then

·
Registered
2,029 Posts

Not necessarily. The only reason the old S3 chipped higher was because of the use of the K04 turbo over the K03/S on the other models. For all we know, the new S3 could be an identical engine to the GTI with just a different map (lets face it, theyve done it loads of times so far).... the GTI can be mapped upto 265-270 so why wouldnt Audi just do that, unless they know of unknown consequences further down the line.

RS3, i'll believe it when i see it. And as for a V8.... i somehow cant see a car manufacturer squeezing a 4.2 V8 into a Golf/A3 chassis. Okay so Hartge did it with a 1-series (i think) but an OEM manufacturer has much more to think of when shoehorning in such a large engine. Wont happen in my opinion. Might get a turbo'd 6 but that'd be it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts