Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at s3's for sale as im thinking about changing my car in a couple of months, spotted this s3 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S3-QUATTRO-2000-EX-CONDITION-S-SPENT_W0QQitemZ200037679404QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thing is im sure its dodgy, I think this is the same car turbo paul and cage used to own (i was thinking of buying when Paul was selling) see this link http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/337368.aspx

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now it could be a genuine sale, but the number plate and spec is very very similar! Thing is the guy is selling at 93000 miles and im sure it had done 120k when Paul was selling!

What do people recommend doing to let people know? Tell ebay?

Opinions please as the thought of someone buying a clocked car winds me up[:mad:]

·
Registered
728 Posts
eBay can't do anything without proof.  Ask the guy if it is HPI clear and for the fill reg as you want to check it.  See what he comes back with.  Ask him how long he has had it, then check milegae etc with the previous owner if you can hold of him?  Also it looks like he is bidding on the aucion himself as he has a no reserve auction with £5K starting bid and the only bidder is new with only 1 feedback.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent the guy a question asking how long has he owned, if its hpi clear (and told him i was going to do a check if he confirmed the reg) and what mileage the next/last services are due.

No response yet...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Perform the Vehicle check va Ebay and see if you can get the reg number of the car.

Also if you have VAG COM go and view the car with the latest VAG COM software version and you can check the mileage from the ECU. Doesn't always work but if it does could prove invalueable.

Also ask for some pics of the interior to check for the amount of wear.

Also...I'm completely jealous of you because I want one!!

Why don't you wait till next year when prices come down due to the new sex on wheels S3

P.S. I thought all S3's had chrome mirrors??

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Used to belong to cage (on here) then he sold it to Turbo_Paul (also on here) and even then it had a over 100k on the clock, but he sold it a while ago so it's blatantly been clocked

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As Tom said, I use to own this S3 and carried out all the mods, expect for the alpine screen and jbl subs, which I fitted for Paul, the next owner.

IIRC I sold it with 106K on the clock and Paul sold it with 120K. Paul got about £7000-7500 for it.

It is a stunning car and looks awesome on the new RS4, but the mileage situation makes it a no no.

I have email the seller, awaiting his reply.

BTW it was a 2000 (w reg) - I put the plate on and it only cost £250 from the DVLA!. LOL!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
He spent £1,699 on 2006 model RS4 alloys... riiiiight... Real RS4s aren't even the right bolt pattern for the old S3/A3/Golf, those are gonna be reps. Not even £699.

EDIT: Or maybe he's used adapters... I'll take that back, but seeing as it's been clocked it wouldn't surprise me if they are not genuine Audi wheels.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
All the same, it looks good for the mileage. Was it original bodywork/paintwork when you sold it?
Yeah the paintwork was the original Steel Gray with a usual stone chips on the bumper.

I so tempted to buy it back, but I would want to pay bottom price for it[:p]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well dont think I will bother going to view the car, It does look good though!!

The reply I got from him said it was service by his mate so no record in the service book! He didnt seem to keen to tell me how many miles ago it was...

So sent him a message back saying I believe the car to be clocked, and I have informed eBay about my suspicions, still waiting on a reply from that!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've sent a message to the two latest bidders, who are selling other kit, as questions about their own items. Hope they withdraw their bids. You can't contact users with no items for sale though!! [:mad:]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts