Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

After a week of owning the S3 i spot that the haldex is leaking! the car is just out of warrenty by a month! i take it to audi preparing for a huge bill! they clean if off and dont find a leak but tell me to keep an eye on it! two weeks later i take it back and they find the leaK

Work required[:(] :

New haldex Ecu and charge pump. plus seals and oil!

oh dear i thought,

well just had a call from them, THEY ARE DOING IT UNDER WARRENTY FOR ME!! and as a good will gester they will carry out a full haldex service on it for free too! eg oil and filter change! now this cant be cheap for them,im so please ,

thanks to carrs of truro audi dealership

update

all sorted and they only put four miles on the clock in 11 days, they were very restrained with the car, thanks again for audi sorting it out

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by KuniD on 17/02/2005 13:14:23

Can't wait for our A4 S-line to show up [^]

no offense, but how on earth can you afford that along with a 2.0 tdi MKV, at 22 [?]. Or is it the royal 'our' i.e parents [?].

·
Registered
740 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 17/02/2005 14:02:14

Quote: posted by KuniD on 17/02/2005 13:14:23

Can't wait for our A4 S-line to show up [^]

no offense, but how on earth can you afford that along with a 2.0 tdi MKV, at 22 [?]. Or is it the royal 'our' i.e parents [?].

Your right it is the parents [;)] Well my mums to be specific. TBH we're all insured to drive each others cars in the family, so we tend to use which ever is easiest to get out the drive way! I still prefer my Golf to her 323i though, after 105k miles the car doesn't feel right any more [:(]

Oh and I'm 23 now [:p] (woopdi doo [:D] [:eek:)])

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Good its not costing anything, but why would a leak mean you need a new ECU? Maybe they were thinking you'd be paying for it when they quoted, then relaised it was only just out of warranty.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by simch on 17/02/2005 14:21:52

Good its not costing anything, but why would a leak mean you need a new ECU? Maybe they were thinking you'd be paying for it when they quoted, then relaised it was only just out of warranty.

the leak was around the ecu on the haldex. the haldex has its own ecu for controlling the clutch hence you can even chip a haldex to give permanant four wheel drive. the leak has damaged the ecu

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I thought the S3s and quattros were perm 4wd? Is the haldex system the same as the ones on the Golfs then?

Confused.

Cracking job by that Audi dealer. That's the service that makes you take a few bottles of wine over for them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The S3 has the same haldex system as the golf.its not a true quattro but you can get the ecu chipped like the engine Ecu. so you can change the the setup to be 50;50 and so on.i may do that. why dont vw give as good a service

·
Registered
45 Posts
It obviously wasn't Whites in Camberley. The only customer service they provide is free vaseline on the way

in and a bag of ice for you to sit on on the way out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quote: posted by bigjon on 18/02/2005 10:09:48

It obviously wasn't Whites in Camberley. The only customer service they provide is free vaseline on the way

in and a bag of ice for you to sit on on the way out.

You got vaseline? [:)]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts