Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone interested from northern ireland(or roi if you fancy the drive). I have been in contact with Simon Coe from Upsoloute regarding remap of my golf 110 non pd, he intends to meet me at the airport and he said he would be happy to do some more cars while over here.

I noticed the Upsoloute remap is particularly well suited to 110 non pd as it brings them up to 143 (by his reckoning) {better than revo for 110 non PD}

There are several other settings that can be ajusted as far as i know: eg: doors auto lock at 10mph, locking by keyfob produces chirp to confirm locked etc.

ive heard loads of good reports re simons work and i cant wait to get sorted.

I have 3 people interested so far.

see testimonials at http://www.ccctech.co.uk/index.php

Hopefully i can set a date in august.

PM me if interested

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi there bobseptic - i would be interested in getting simon to remap my GT TDI (130) ASAP - have also heard alot of good reports regarding simon's work.. if you can get a date sorted can you let me know - my email is [email protected]

cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Alan thats 3 so far. Hoping for 5 and all being well we are set to meet Simon Coe in the last week in august.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several of us had spoken to simon at upsolute and he told us that he would try to get over in the last week in august if there was enough cars to make it worth while. He didnt contact any of us so i went ahead and arranged work with someone else.

I phoned a diesel mechanic who ive known for a long time to book my car in for hybrid turbo and downpipe but he told me a remap would make more of a difference and he gave me this blokes number. (nice of him 2 turn down work for himself).

I phoned him and had a long conversation about how these things are done. He certainly knows what he was talking about so i booked my car in for 2 days later. Well the usual removing the ecu took place and code was manipulated with the result of whoa baby slow down. (took just over 2 hours) I previously had a tuningbox but this remap was nothing like. The car reved slower and pulled hard and long[:D]. (tuningbox made it rev out fast).

On getting home (in record time i might add) i called to my friend who had pd130 and he drove it with a disturbed look on his face. He said he never thought that a remap would make such a difference so he booked himself in. That was 3 days ago, he now has a cheesey grin of his own. So i emailed another member on wednesday who then got his remapped last nite. he sent me a text with just 'this rocks' so i will let him explain how he feels about his newly remapped car.

All i can say is tuningboxes havent got a patch on a remap and anyone who hasnt bitten the bullet get chewin [!][!]

currently waiting for rolling road time cus i know some of you chaps like to see dyno results. But let me just say that he regularly gets the 100 bhp up to 170 [^]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi I have just changed to a 150 TDI from a chipped 110 TDI it was done by Willie McVicker (Drumbo) I am going to get the 150 chipped in the near future could you contact me if possible with details of this guy and his price

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi bob an folks.. i got my pd 130 remapped by bob's guy on thursday nite - holy fec - its awesome.. the car revs out so much better and just keeps on pulling and pulling - first gear is practically unusable !! he he the wheels spin in the dry with the traction control on in first ;-)

TIW30 - i wouldn't bother with willie mcvicker - i spoke to him also but he does a very conservative remap. i'm not sure what bhp my car is putting out but the guy reckoned around 180 !! it sure feels like it !! can't wait to get it on the dyno.. give bob a shout to get a date arranged with his boy, you woun't be dissapointed !!

yee - hah

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got rolling road figures back for pinkys_tdi which was 130pd. after remap the figures are 179bhp & 315 torque. that has pleased him very much. I will post pics as soon as i upload them. Im still waiting for rolling road time for myself but i will post as soon as i find out.

just to point out there is no more smoke than usual and the idle is perfect. turbo boost is at 1.7 bar

These custom remaps rock [:D]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive just joined up to this forum. Can any of you guys tell me if the upsolute remap went ahead. Im looking the same thing done to a Skoda Octy 110tdi.

From outside Lisburn.

Any Help

Cheers

JD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote: posted by johndow on 25/10/2004 17:11:13

Ive just joined up to this forum. Can any of you guys tell me if the upsolute remap went ahead. Im looking the same thing done to a Skoda Octy 110tdi.

From outside Lisburn.

Any Help

Cheers

JD

try Dave Wishart just outside Ballymena for a remap on the 110 -gives good results !!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he uses a custom remap for you particular car. in otherwards he remaps it to suit your needs.

he has access to an independant rolling road to view results.

eg: 130 pd @ 179 @ 315lbs torque.

he has become a member of this forum so do a search. or pm me and i will phone him.

just get yourself a k&n replacement panel filter before you go down. If your maf is banjaxed (as quite a lot are), he has a box of them. both vw & merc ones.

goodluck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bob,

I have just ordered a Green Panel filter which should be with me in a couple of weeks. It only cost ?36.86 incl P&P, but retails at ?48 incl p&p from the green website. I will have a look and see if i can find Dave.

What is his handle on the forum??

Someone mssgd me when i started here last week about remaps, and i think it was Dave!

Being the sceptic, i like to hear good reports cheers guys.

JD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts