Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been promising to do this car for a while now & finaly got my ass in to gear & made the trip up to my friend Rich's house.

The car is a PD130 (02Reg) , suspension has been lowered & monty 2's fitted.

Paintwise its wasnt in tip top shape, but again, it wasnt the worse I've seen.

Started off with the PC & some Menzerna Intensive Polish, passing over at #2, #4 & a final fast #6, this was then chased up with a similar pass pattern using Menzerna Final Polish 2.

Next stage was to got over the car using Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze, to give a really high gloss glass like shine.

& the fininshing touch was a coating of Pinnicle Souveran carnuaba wax.

Glass wise NXT Glass was used.

Trim was treated with Poor Boys Trime Restorer, along with the tyres

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

& just incase you were wondering, mine was treated to a wipe down with Poor Boys QD & the tyres with Poorboys Bold N Brite

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy Moly that is one shiny motor!! Stunning work mate...how long did that take u?
Cheers,

It took about 5hrs, the car had already been washed the night before, which saved a bunch of time [Y]

This is what it looked like saturday night under the lights (Camera Phone Pic)

Posted Image

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi mate,

Is urs lowered at all? Im considering going back to these wheels to get a nicer ride, If yours is lowered, is it still a comfy ride?

Thanks

Matty

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Wow [Y]

Seeing all these perfect paint finishes makes me realise how bad mine is... I SO need somebody to do mine

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Jace, it's ok mate! what I would suggest is that you get some of that Zymol wax erm I think it cost ?6k, you may get a better shine!! [:p]

No really, that is one (or two) excellent finish mate!!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent work Jace, the depth and clarity of the paint work in those shots is great [Y] I'm going to have to try the Menzerna product range when my PB runs out.

Where did you get the Menzerna stuff from?
Thanks [:D]

I got it from Polished Bliss, prices are very good compaired to Clean & shiney, even with discount.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only rattle I have is from the derv engine [:p]

Runs smooth as silk, which still amazes me with the miles piling on, or maybe I'm going to fast for the sound to keep up [;)]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Stunning work!!! [H]

Yours doesnt look as good tho [:p]

Think ill have to get a black car next that shine is awesome!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts