Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the parts are now on there way from the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> and this will be my project thread for all the updates, pics and for help on any probs or questions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>I have the following parts coming from the <st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> at the moment and should be here mid week:

<o:p></o:p>1 x ATP GT28RS Eliminator turbo kit http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-163&Category_Code=VVWTK<o:p></o:p>
1 x ATP High Flow Manifold http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-157&Category_Code=VVWM)<o:p></o:p><o:p>
</o:p>1 x ATP 3? Inlet Pipe http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release042006.htm<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>1 x 440cc Bosch Green top injectors<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>All came to around ?1370 shipped to <st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. I requested for the value to be stated much lower than this for when the items enter customs.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>Once installed and mapped it should be pushing any where betwean 300 - 350BHP depending on if the myth that the casting on the hot side of the turbo is actualy as restrictive as the yanks state... well see.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>I plan to start installing Saturday, ill take pics and post them once the hardware arrives.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>

Myk3

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the yanks have told me they are waiting on the mani and "should" ship by wednesday... yah... well see [:mad:]

dont look like ill be starting the install this week end now [:(]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not yet... well have to see how long she lasts on the standard one lol. i havnt the money to do it at the moment!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Cannot wait for you to start this project mate! I reckon i'm as excited as you ( probably not in reality :p )

Been dying to see how these kits perform... if you make really good power I might go for the 2871R kit, apparently full spool can be achieved only 200rpms later, but we'll see... no point getting it if its not gonna make more power than the RS due to hotside...

Got myself a nicely paid job for 10 weeks in the summer so the saving starts July 1st!

Incidentally I wonder how you're gonna fair with regards to customs...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cannot wait for you to start this project mate! I reckon i'm as excited as you ( probably not in reality :p )

Been dying to see how these kits perform... if you make really good power I might go for the 2871R kit, apparently full spool can be achieved only 200rpms later, but we'll see... no point getting it if its not gonna make more power than the RS due to hotside...

Got myself a nicely paid job for 10 weeks in the summer so the saving starts July 1st!

Incidentally I wonder how you're gonna fair with regards to customs...
i am exited to, and hope for a clean install with not to many probs...

the package is stated as $500 so should not be toooo much for customs.

if i where you just get the 2871R if you got the extra $100.

i hope to start the install next week end now as eurocode have now told me that they 'should' be able to ship out by tomorrow (wed) which means i will get the kit next week and wont be able to start it this week. i hope other week end plans dont get in the way... i want to get it over and done with fast lol.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To give you an idea my IC was marked up as $100 I think it was and I got charged ?30.
thanks... that is way over the 22% they charge... did the courrier also charge you? was if fed ex?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't it 17.5% for Vat plus 10% import duty for stuff from America
but ?150 is around 50% of $600 or there abouts. any way, no point worrying what it will be lol. well no when it gets here. it 'SHOULD' be shipping today. but he said yesterday he is still bloody waiting on the mani. oh well! just hope other week end plans dont delay this any longer, i had it all planned to finish this week end, and use the following week end as a backup if a few things needed finalising.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Exchange rate comes into it, it was very poor when i purchased the $600 item hence I was charged more. I reckon you'll probably be hit for around a ton.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exchange rate comes into it, it was very poor when i purchased the $600 item hence I was charged more. I reckon you'll probably be hit for around a ton.
cheers [y] well have to see...

·
Registered
6 Posts
the yanks have told me they are waiting on the mani and "should" ship by wednesday... yah... well see [:mad:]

dont look like ill be starting the install this week end now [:(]
Don't hold yer breath m8 i've had the manifold sitting in my garage since January and I placed the '28RS order in February and have been chasing them ever since![:mad:]

I keep getting promises every time I call them but they are all worth nothing[8o|]

The current position is that it will be shipped at the end of the week. This is my 5th shipping date!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts